Newsman News

vebk

Mr. Advocate
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 8, 2005
New Delhi
Not trying to cross any paths here, but was just wondering if anyone else feels that the news threads started under newsman are not necessary and get in the way of other threads. I get my technology news from a variety of places, and don't really think that it compliments the utility of this forum, but rather detracts from it.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
those news items are not only to inform the users of latest news. we of course have our own rss aggregators. the point is. it adds on current news topics for the user to discuss on. and they are limited to a few sections of the forum.

netfreak

Regulars
Regulars
Sep 8, 2005
Don't know much about BBS software used on this site. Is it possible to exclude these posts from RSS? I.e. without changing php code.

vebk

Mr. Advocate
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 8, 2005
New Delhi
I understand what you are trying to do, and I do appreciate the effort. My point is simply that if you look in the Software forum, most newsman threads have no replies (i.e. there is no discussion), and other non-newsw threads (e.g. threads asking for solutions to a problem) are consequently pushed into the 2nd page.Anyway I was contributing my two paise... I think newsman threads should be restricted to the News Discussion forum, but whatever.

LoneCrusader

Regular
Regulars
May 8, 2006
Nah its good. Keeps me informed. Way to go newsman.

boygr8

Regulars
Regulars
Apr 3, 2005
But they shud be posted completely and not to be hyperlinked on a blog.That looks too commercial and one cannot discuss it then

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
QUOTE(boygr8 @ Sep 21 2006, 10:33 PM) [snapback]62885[/snapback]
But they shud be posted completely and not to be hyperlinked on a blog.That looks too commercial and one cannot discuss it then
[/b]

I would not want to replicate the entire content considering the google's policy for duplicate content on network sites.