• Thread starter Thread starter netfreak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 4,281

netfreak

Regulars
ISP
Airtel GPRS EDGE + VSNL
Got MTNL bill of 8k Rs this month :wall:Had MTNL Triband at aparment I used to live in, 1 year back. Shifted to this apartment at Jan 2007. MTNL has not shifted Triband (yet) to new address, phone was shifted in a week's time.So, after a year MTNL sent Triband bill for last 12 months :madness:Called up Accounts officer at Exchange, her answer was "Billing system mein Triband chaalu hai is line per, bil to aayega hee"Called up Triband, as per then there not no Triband on this telephone number and no bill should be raised.On top of this, they expect me to pay the whole bill before disputing it. :wall::wall:

MTNL hai to sahi hai boss 😀dont pay the bill and tell them about their fault

wow, reminds me of a similar 8k bill BSNL gave me as a new year gift a couple of years ago! 🙂there was a billing (server usage log) error during the 4 min before and 4 min after Dec 31st/Jan 1st midnight changeover. 2 entries of 4 min each showing 4 GB downloaded in each!in each of those 4 min it showed like 4GB downloaded hence rs 4k bill for Dec and another 4k bill for Jan!!!it took me almost a year of repeated bi-monthly visits/faxes to the BSNL people, and also funny feeling trying to explain that if 4 min == 4GB in the server logs that means the speed of my 256 kbps connection was over 100 mbps! LOLof course since then i am on UL plan so i dont worry about these things anymore...

MTNL's system is pathetic.One solution was to surrender the phone (somehow that ways they could cancel the bill).It turned out, that since work order for :Triband Shifting" was still still open, system can't take work order for surrender.

I also had a similar billing problem .Myself along with my dad met the accounts officer and explained him the situation.Luckily for me account officer accepted that there was a mistake from his side and the problem was resolved to my satisfaction.Unfortunately in ur case not much can be done.even surrendering ur landline will become difficult. It would be better if u personally go and meet the account officer .This may help.

Yo mate meet that Acc off .... and if require create a lot of halla in his office ... warn him ur going to meet the gm of exchange!!!!At last remember Cnbc Awaaz!

Met them today afternoon at exchange. GM was very clear thats its MTNL's fault. Now they have to figure out how to deal with their "system".

Arguing will worsen the situation. In India normal guys don't have the time and money for lawsuits. Try to talk it out over a cup of tea with a senior guy at the telephone exchange. Having all your documents and proof ready will help. And plainly state that you do not plan to pay the bill as -1) You did not use the service for that time.2) It was their fault that has caused the faulty bill, and not yours. You requested a disconnection, they were the ones who didn't cut your connection.

GM got that (He accepted bill is faulty). Problem is their IT system is so screwed up, even he was not sure how to handle this situation.Overall looks like things should sort out without further visits.Not paying the bill is not an option...MTNL reports billing to CIBIL every month so have to settle it properly.

when i got bill of abt 3500 instead of some 600-700 avg, i called accounts officer (AO) of my area. he was nice. he accepted the mistake and he himself told me not to pay the bill. he said he will send revised bill within a week. i got it within 10days in my hand. may be u can contact AO.

AO (I talked to AOTR, think thats same as AO) was not of much help since as per billing system Triband is available on my CA Number as it was installed on previous telephone.He did understand the problem, but could not solve it 🙁 will send tons of faxes today all the way CMD t- GM of Exchange to make sure they act on it.

my friend is still arguing his 3.5k bill they made up for extra usage he did not use..2 months gone..had to pay bill to keep the connection active

Update:1. MTNL canceled the bill. 2. Quickly encashed cheque for correct amount [Bill - Triband charges]3. Still disconnected telephone for non-payment :wall:4. Sent December 2007 bill (again with Triband charges).Worst billing system EVER....