New transponders for Sundirect on MEASAT

satheeshvarma

Regular
ISP
asianet
MEASAT Satellite Systems has signed an agreement for the provision of two additional Ku-band transponders to Sun Direct. This agreement expands Sun Direct’s capacity on the MEASAT fleet to four transponders, making MEASAT-3 the prime satellite for its DTH service.“We are delighted to be able to support Sun Direct with additional capacity,” said Paul Brown-Kenyon, Chief Operating Officer, MEASAT. “Supporting five DTH platforms in three markets across two satellites, 91.5°E is one of the strongest DTH orbital slots in Asia,” he added.Sun Direct is one of the largest DTH operators in India with a customer base of 5.13 million, which contributes 21 per cent of the market share in the country.MEASAT is a premium supplier of satellite communication services to Asia’s leading broadcasters, DTH platforms and telecom operators. Operating four communication satellites, the MEASAT fleet is able to provide satellite capacity to over 145 countries representing 80 per cent of the world’s population across the Asia-Pacific, Middle East, Africa, Europe and Australia.

I think Sun has an agreement with BIG too for leasing out their transponder too, i mean same channel the BIG show , because BIG is also on this location 91.5

Friends,I have an SUN DIRECT STB (connection bought in Bangalore). I have been moved to Chennai. But in Chennai i am using Tata Sky.The Sun direct connection was Idle for some months and now i wanted to move back to Sun direct again as i do not see any improvements with Tata Sky on adding new channels with respect to Regional Channels.I activated my Sun direct account again by recharging and got a confirmation CC that, the connection is active.When in realign my Tata sky Mini dish to see Measat i do not get Signal Quality. Moreover i noticed that SUN STB does not show any progress even when i turn the dish to several direction and the Signal Strength stays at around 70% and Signal Quality is 0%I do not see the new Satellites listed when i scan. I am not sure where i am doing wrong, but though i point my dish to 91.5, i do not see any improvements in Signal Quality and Strength.So my doubt is Tatasky LNB works with SUN DIRECT or not.. i noticed, in LNB it is written as Universal LNB which i predict this should be same for all the dish.Could any body please help me out.....multiple tries are failed and still i get No service available on my STB.