New to FTTH CONNECTION NEED HELP ABOUT WIFI !

• Thread starter Thread starter richie98390
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 23,392
ISP
BSNL FTTH
Can someone tell me which wifi router should i buy ..bsnl guys came and installed the bsnl ftth modem ..on modem it says ONT404I
will my old adl2+ wifi router work as WIFI with this modem ?? if not can someone recommend me a cheap wifi router tht i should get with this connection .
Thanks in advance i hope someone replies to it , not just view and move to next topic 🙂

bsnl appears to have ftth in very limited regions. fuckers have all the raw material for my area but they have not bothered to lay down the fiber.
i am not sure we have many people who are using bsnl ftth. so it might get igored. or not!

You will have to buy a separate standalone router. Later if you get comfortable with BSNL provided FTTH modem, then you can enable bridge mode on it and let your main router do the pppoe connection dialing.

sanke1 said:
You will have to buy a separate standalone router. Later if you get comfortable with BSNL provided FTTH modem, then you can enable bridge mode on it and let your main router do the pppoe connection dialing.
thanks for replying so theres no way i can manage without getting a new router
x720 said:
No. ADSL 2+ modem router will not work. Buy a regular standalone router. Budget?
Oh , I thought there must be a way to use my old adsl2+router , thanks for clarifying though ..I dont have a specific budget ..i just want to buy the cheapest one available in market ..TP-Link N WIRELESS ROUTER 150

Hi Richie
I posted in another thread "How to connect adsl+Wifi router to Existing BSNL FTTH ONT" started by you.
Pls don't by D-Link, it is not connecting automatically, every time we have go to settings and connect manually. We tried with Cisco & Netgear, both are working.

Hi Friends, I have recently taken BSNL FTTH connection for my home, since airtel was delaying in in servicing. I am confussed on wifi router peice...if someone can suggest the hasselfree with secured wifi environment for my home?? please appreciaate your experience with model no to find it on online...thanks in advance.

No. ADSL 2+ modem router will not work. Buy a regular standalone router. Budget?
Wrong. Pl see post of Niva dtd 01.10.204 -

It is very simple. Do the following steps, in order to use your Netgear ADSL2+ Modem + WiFi Router for your FIBRE connection.

1. First switch off your FIBRE modem.
2. Switch on your ADSL2+ ROUTER (NETGEAR or other)
3. Connect your computer through RJ45 network cable from Ethernet 1
(i.e. first port - as number mentioned in your router)
4. then login into - router
(i.e. http://192.168.0.1 or whatever default provided by router company)
5 Go to "Advanced" tab --- connection settings (of your WIFI Router / NETGEAR )
There you can find "LAN Settings"
6. LAN - Disable DHCP Server. (i.e. DHCP Server Off).
7. Save & Exit
8. RJ45 connection CABLE from ONT modem to your NETGEAR -- RJ45 (Ethernet 1 & not other Ethernet ports)

Other WIRELESS settings - same as whatever you have already. Then just restart - your NETGEAR & swtich on your FIBRE.

Your WIFI is enabled.

To all, my wifi router configuration is working fine now. Very simple mistake.
Instead of connecting FTTH modem Ethernet1 connection to my WiFi Router LAN1, I had connected to WAN port.
So, please make sure that you connect Ethernet1 of FTTH modem to LAN1 of your WiFi router.

Thats Not true. I am using D-Link and successfully connected to FTTH as my Wifi Router . For your reference and clarification i have made a video for the same . Please go through it if you need any help in configuring DLink router . No manual intervention needed at all

You Tube Video Link :

Source

The method suggested earlier does certainly work. I am using BSNL FTTH since two years. Earlier I had DSL connection with my Linksys modem. After getting FTTH I used the same modem. First make sure that DHCP is enabled in Fibre modem. Then connect the Internet Port from Fibre Modem to your ADSL Router with RJ45 cable to 1st LAN port of your ADSL modem. Make sure you disable DHCP on your ADSL modem. ( In short just make sure that you use it as a router)

I am also attaching the screenshots of my Linksys modem.

21e1e2e968e8625f5654cdd68d6353b9.jpg

d39df58c29a3d5f104551ab91487d245.jpg

Moreover I also have setup a WDS system that a Cheap TP-Link router offers to extend WiFi range. So after setting WDS between my Linksys and TP-Link Router I just have to connect the TP-Link router to power & it starts distributing original WiFi connection. Just like a repeater.