New to BSNL, getting low speeds all around....help plzzz

kittoo4202004

ISP
BSNL
First of all congratulations on maintaining this great site.I got BSNL broadband unlimited (whole day) plan yesterday, which is 256 to 2mbps I think. I am getting about 30kBps, whether torrents or HTTP, even in night. My modem is ZXDSL 831AII. I haven't done any port forwarding cause I thought it is required only if one is getting good speeds in HTTP downloads but low in torrents, but I am getting low all around. help....

members/kittoo4202004/
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in
If you have an unlimited plan likely to be Home 750 speed only 256 Kbps.
Then the speed is Ok and no further adjustments needed.
Else
Goto
check your speed at Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test say mumbai server.
Copy/Paste the link here.
Para two :
Get your 14Digitportal ID from Your Exchange to change UserPW/ check Usage etc .
Further reading :https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/22290-bsnl-broadband-billing-problems/#post184528 page 7 post 69.
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.

Have you connected using USB or Ethernet.

Ethernet.

members/kittoo4202004/
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in
If you have an unlimited plan likely to be Home 750 speed only 256 Kbps.
Then the speed is Ok and no further adjustments needed.
Else
Goto
check your speed at Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test say mumbai server.
Copy/Paste the link here.
Para two :
Get your 14Digitportal ID from Your Exchange to change UserPW/ check Usage etc .
Further reading :https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/22290-bsnl-broadband-billing-problems/#post184528 page 7 post 69.
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.

Yes, I have the unlimited plan. So it seems I have to bear these low speeds. Thanks for help anyway friends.......

@ kittoo4202004
unlimited plans are not given speeds upto 2mbps. they are capped to 256 kbps only. who said you that unlimited plan is upto 2mbps??😕 please check this url
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. it is clearly mentioned in the site

yap Unlimited plan offers speeds upto 256kbps..so 30KBps is fine.