• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3,348

socrates

I got banned!
ISP
Jio Fiber. FTTH
Yesterday I noticed that Active Cooking was missing from my list of channels subscribed. So I called up the toll free number 18604256633, after many tries I managed to get thru. When I told this lady (whose Hindi was BAD & English even worse) my problem she went into the standard routine of reverting to factory defaults. When that did not work (I told her it would not work s all other channels were ok) she cooly tells me she has done everything from her side. Other two options are
1) Send Tata Sky technician to my place (cost min Rs 125/-)
2) Or wait for 2 days.

When I asked about the second option she tells me ‘channels have a habit of coming & going from server so it will have to be checked & that would take 2 days’ (her exact words not mine). :O
I was so shell shocked by this answer I told her I would wait for 2 day wtf who trains these people to give answers like this. 😛leasehelp: 😡

At this rate with my experience with Vodafone https://broadband.forum/vodafone-india-mobile/65173-vodafone-india-beware-got-cheated/ & now Tata Sky I will surely develop a allergy to these 'call centers'.

BTW this channel is still not available, so to paraphrase the lady mentioned above 'the channel has not come back to the server. :hysterical: For the times mentioned above that Tata Sky was down, it was the same with me.

Just got a call from a Tata Sky technician asking what time he should come to my house, I was zapped for a minute because I had specifically told that lady yesterday that I DON’T WANT A VISIT & had chosen the second option she had given me (see post #9 above) . Looks like it’s another scam switch off a channel for a customer & then say we have to send a technician to ‘check’ charge Rs 125/-

UPDATE to Post #9
Rang up Tata Sky helpdesk again & a more sensible fellow came online. I told him the problem & he coolly retorts that they have removed Active Cooking channel from the ‘Lifestyle Gold Pack’ as of yesterday. And they did not have the courtesy to inform. I am not sure how they can remove a channel AND charge extra for it when you have taken a pack on a annual subscription. The reason given was that since they have added content (one extra ‘chef’ is visible) in it they have removed it from the above-mentioned pack & charging extra for it. And the worst is, till today morning the TV showed it was going to cost Rs 10/- for this channel but this guy said it was going to cost Rs 15/- wtf daylight robbery.😡😡😡
When I told him of the rigmarole I had yesterday he was extremely apologetic but I told him I was going to publicise this clear case of cheating from a much vaunted TATA company 🙂

Actve Cooking has indeed been removed from LS Gold pack and now its Rs 15 its updated in myportal if u login and check.

Actve Cooking has indeed been removed from LS Gold pack and now its Rs 15 its updated in myportal if u login and check.

I don't think you have got the point. The issue here is not about whether its there in one's login or not 🙂

1. Its whether the person I spoke to in post #1 was ignorant that its been removed from the said pack. (Was it ignorance/lack of training or was it company policy):wall:
2. Make ridiculous statements like ‘channels have a habit of coming & going from server so it will have to be checked & that would take 2 days’.:hysterical::iomg:
3. Why did she make a request in my name when I specifically told her that I don’t want a tech visit?:madness:
4. Is it legal to make changes in the plan once chosen by a customer when the contract is for 1 year, where the payment is made in advance.😡
5. No bloody courtesy to inform the customer of the changes when they have the email-id, cell number.😡
6. When you call them thru your registered mobile number you have to wait a long time as you are forced to listen to some crappy ad on the cricket world cup. This is a paid call.😡
7. What about the display that it would cost Rs 10/- & then be told by the cc rep that its Rs 15/-. Did they increase it in 24 hrs? I had seen the Rs 10/- display for more than 24 hrs on my screen when they had blocked that channel.😡

CC's are like puppets they only inform what they r trained of 😀If u r asking abt the helpdesk showing Rs 10 den dont go by helpdesk it updated after few days for all prices and packs portal is the best option. Reg the other things dont expect wonders from CC they tend to give crappy ans.

CC's are like puppets they only inform what they r trained of 😀
If u r asking abt the helpdesk showing Rs 10 den dont go by helpdesk it updated after few days for all prices and packs portal is the best option. Reg the other things dont expect wonders from CC they tend to give crappy ans.

Agreed that they are trained (some maybe untrained) puppets but you have again not understood what I am trying to convey. I saw the flash on my screen as Rs 10/- for over 24 hrs then was told by the cc that its Rs 15/- (point #7 in post #5) . And apparently TS does not the courtesy to inform customers about changes in the subscriptions they have enrolled for. In the past they used to give a monthly statements also sms about changes/new packs etc. Now they have seemed to have forgotten their manners.

If they can give nonsense like ‘channels have a habit of coming & going from server so it will have to be checked & that would take 2 days’. then they must be scraping the bottom of the barrel.

4. Is it legal to make changes in the plan once chosen by a customer when the contract is for 1 year, where the payment is made in advance.😡
Legal or not....never ever go for a prepaid scheme(mobile,internet,dth) even if it's damn cheap...you'll always lose your cool.....

hey 2 days ago i installed dishtrue hd and believe me its worth of all. 6 hd channels + ten action and all the music channels

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

nor its expensive only 3000 rs and 2 months platinum pack + 2 months hd pack... so alll of u guys just go 4 dish true hd with monolocck lnb cable.

@Jignesh Maybe this puts aside all doubts 🙂 This a photo of what I still see. Its not a question of Rs 15/- or Rs 10/- but there should be a method to their madness.

http://img806.imageshack.us/i/dsc00389e.jpg/

Uploaded with http://imageshack.us

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Legal or not....never ever go for a prepaid scheme(mobile,internet,dth) even if it's damn cheap...you'll always lose your cool.....

Never go for pre paid??? Does TS have any other type of scheme?

Looks like the left hand dos not know what the right hand is doing or maybe even the the left hand does NOT WANT to know what the right hand is doing.