New Software Upgrade on tata sky plus dth Set top DVR Box

• Thread starter Thread starter hondaactiva
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 15,121
ajuravi...hope now u agree with me...

Guys the good and the best thing about the recent software upgrade is that..........when there was a power cut earlier the porgrammes which were getting recorded will not get recorded but now this issue is sorted out by this recent software upgrade.........:thumbsup:
What exactly happens? If program was recording, and there is a power cut for short time, and again after power is restored, does program continues recording without over-writing previous recorded part of same program?
If remaining part is getting recorded, while previous part is retained, then its good.

ajuravi...hope now u agree with me...
Because of you only i realised and checked that this issue is sorted out........thanks dude.........:thumb:

As said by you earlier this problem will not exist for those who bought TS+ 10-15 days back..........

----------

What exactly happens? If program was recording, and there is a power cut for short time, and again after power is restored, does program continues recording without over-writing previous recorded part of same program?
If remaining part is getting recorded, while previous part is retained, then its good.

Before software upgrade:

If you are recording a cricket match from 1st over if there is a power cut by the end of the 15th over...........the 15 overs which got recorded gets failed.......then for example if the power is back by 20th over...........it starts to record from 20th over ......but you will loose recording till the 15th over.......

After Software upgrade:

If you are recording a cricket match from 1st over if there is a power cut by the end of the 15th over...........the 15 overs get recorded without getting failed..........then if the power is back by 20th over...........it starts to resume the recording from the 20th over.........you will loose the recording only on power supply loss time only.........When you play back this recording the entire recording comes in sequence except 16th to 20th over........over the match.........

Another improvement:Earlier, if the first 15 overs were recorded and recording was manually stopped to skip some portions (say, ads, rain stoppage of play etc.) and recording restarted after the match restarted (say after 15 minutes), only the last 5 overs were recorded and the earlier 15 overs were overwritten. Now this fault is also corrected. As long as the programme name is the same in the EPG, it is a single file with only the portions recorded.

Technethu.........with respect to your point it was working the same way what you said from day 1 when i bought my TS+ on Jan..........

Before software upgrade:
If you are recording a cricket match from 1st over if there is a power cut by the end of the 15th over...........the 15 overs which got recorded gets failed.......then for example if the power is back by 20th over...........it starts to record from 20th over ......but you will loose recording till the 15th over.......
After Software upgrade:
If you are recording a cricket match from 1st over if there is a power cut by the end of the 15th over...........the 15 overs get recorded without getting failed..........then if the power is back by 20th over...........it starts to resume the recording from the 20th over.........you will loose the recording only on power supply loss time only.........When you play back this recording the entire recording comes in sequence except 16th to 20th over........over the match.........
Another improvement:
Earlier, if the first 15 overs were recorded and recording was manually stopped to skip some portions (say, ads, rain stoppage of play etc.) and recording restarted after the match restarted (say after 15 minutes), only the last 5 overs were recorded and the earlier 15 overs were overwritten.
Now this fault is also corrected. As long as the programme name is the same in the electronic program guide, it is a single file with only the portions recorded.
That is definately good improvement, and Tata Sky is certainly reading forums and taking feedbacks to remove bugs and improve the performance :thumbsup:

To be honest especially the problem with the recording getting failed if a power cut happens ......did not expect to be recitified soon..........and also i dont know whether this problem have been complained to Tata Sky DTH CC people.......I think some Tata Sky DTH officials are reading this forum......

is it possible to turn off the automatic shut down of STB ?I mean if I turn off my TV by TV remote putting some program to record and do my work and then come back again after 5 hours, will the recorded program (scheduled) recording stop with STB automatically going to standby ? 🙁

is it possible to turn off the automatic shut down of STB ?

I mean if I turn off my TV by TV remote putting some program to record and do my work and then come back again after 5 hours, will the recorded program (scheduled) recording stop with STB automatically going to standby ? 🙁
STB would go into standby if auto-standby is enabled. But Recording can be done even while STB is in standby.
If your concern is about Hard disk turning off while STB is in standby, then no need to worry, as HDD turns ON for recording in standby too, and again turns OFF after scheduled recording is finished.

STB would go into standby if auto-standby is enabled. But Recording can be done even while STB is in standby.
If your concern is about Hard disk turning off while STB is in standby, then no need to worry, as HDD turns ON for recording in standby too, and again turns OFF after scheduled recording is finished.

yeah exactly what I was anxious about

Thanks for clarifying m8 :thumb: