• Thread starter Thread starter Crazysah
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 2,971

Crazysah

Arsenal FTW!
ISP
ACT Fibernet 300Mbps
Hello guys,So me and my family currently own two cars. The Chevrolet Optra and the Hyundai Getz. The Optra has served us for almost ten years and we want to sell it/trade it in for another small the car (around the size of the Getz/Jazz).Which are the good small cars in the market now? We are looking at spending around 5k-6k including the money we get from selling/trading in the car.I was thinking of the Volkswagen Polo and the Honda Jazz. The Brio is good but there seems to be no place in the back.Thanks,Crazysah

Keep petrol prices in mind and go for diesel one

Without a mention of the usage, it is difficult to suggest as both petrol and diesel have good options in that segment. I would recommend the Jazz and the i20. Polo is good, but unless you take the top end, the interiors are bland.

Without a mention of the usage, it is difficult to suggest as both petrol and diesel have good options in that segment. I would recommend the Jazz and the i20. Polo is good, but unless you take the top end, the interiors are bland.

Usage will be mostly city driving in Delhi (a ton of driving!) with one ever 3-4 month road trips to not too distant places.

Get the Jazz if you can manage with petrol. The base model is for 6.23 lacs on road. And unlike other cars, even the base model comes with a decent kit including airbags and ABS.My mom bought the Brio last week. The engine is lovely. Very fun to drive.

lol. he might be taking about 5-6K dollars considering he spends a lot of his time in america. 🙂 my personal suggestion would be to go for swift diesel but of course it is a hard car to purchase. i like polo no doubt but i have not heard good things about it as mentioned already. i like brio but it looks very small and as mentioned already internal space is supposed to be an issue. i love i20. a friend owns the older model. but it is too expensive from what i heard. same applies to jazz i believe. i10 diesel is another model worth considering i guess. i do believe they launched a diesel model recently?

^ There is no diesel i10, though rumours have been floating for more than a year. A diesel engine in that car, and Hyundai would have all but kicked out Maruti from that segment, given the current market scenario. That said, they do have a diesel variant in Europe IINM.

i love i20. a friend owns the older model. but it is too expensive from what i heard. same applies to jazz i believe.

I think both these cars are VFM. Yes, compared to cars like the Swift they might feel expensive, but you get that extra 'premium' value, particularly with the Jazz, something which a Maruti does not (wish to / plan to) give.

mhm. beat has a diesel model for sure. that is another small car worth considering. i like it because of its unusual looks!

yeah. the original pricing of jazz was horrible. but the price cut came just too late. petrol pricing literally made this model unattractive to the indian consumer. i see very few jazz on the roads even today. it is probably a much better petrol hatch to go for if money is not really a concern.

Maruti Ertiga is another option I guess. Price range from Rs. 5.9L to 8.5L.

https://imgur.com/rlTJG

In this case though I don't think Maruti fits into OP's requirements, coming as he does from a Getz / Optra background. Clearly mileage isn't a concern. Getting into any of the other cars in this segment would feel like a downgrade even overlooking the sedan to hatchback conversion.