New Sify Broadband Unlimited Packages

• Thread starter Thread starter prathapml
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 6,086
i have been using sify broadband in Mumbai for last 10 months and satisfaction rate is 50/50.
i have been using the much discussed '128kbps unlimited' connection with a download limt of 150 mb/day for last 4 months and overall i am satisfied with it.
i have noted a few points here:

1-:- the said limt of 150mb is non-existant. i download about 400 - 600 mb/day using P2P and Bittorrent downloads. but it depends on various factors. first of all "128kbps" is a load of bullshit. the usual connection speed is available in timed slots.
from morning 9.00 am to night 10.00 pm the effective speed is maximum 64kbps. (download rates of 6-8 kB/sec). and from night 10.00pm to morning 9.00 am it is max 120 kbps to 132kbps. (download rates are 14 kB/sec - 18 kB/sec). and i have yet to have any number of days to be deducted from my connection. 😉

2-:- when the costumer care wa contacted for the speed problem during the daytime, they said that the Pack was "upto 128kbps" meaning they can give maximum speed of 128kbps but minimum speed is not specified. it is a small loophole for them. 😱

3-:- since last 15 days the connection has a annonying habit of getting expired if you are not using the computer. i mean it is a usual habit for heavy downloaders to keep their pc on for full night so as to get maximum speed for their downloads, but recntly the connection expires around 3.30 am in the night. i usually use the net to browse till 2.30am then go to sleep. so the downloads get disrupted and my connection is wasted. :angry:

if any of you fellow sify users have a similar experiance to share pls mail me.

use easysify . it can auto login for you whenever ur session expires .so ur downloads are not disrupttedUpto 128 kbps unlimited pack is a house with roof of 128 and no floor so sify can go down as much it wants ..

U mean if some body goes for a connection whose speed is 'upto 512kbps' the ISP can get away by providing himspeeds of 64kbps just because he has mentioned to word UPTO....sheer JUNK i would sayThe word upto refers that the conenction will have a max. speed of the specified value and at times may be get reduced to 90% of max value. Not more than that...What seems to be the case now in Inida is ISPs fooling around with public saying that u will get 50-70% of the max speed....thats really unfairAnd more over people are getting happy for those crapy speeds...I have seen a post (in the same topic) that a person took a 128kbps (16kBps) connection and was still happy for getting 7-8kBps for the same connection....bull shit. The isps are making a fool out our self and we are just sitting plainly happily (although we can do nothing about it)The only way out is that TRAI has to take an initative in the interest of WE THE PEOPLE and formualte rigid rules and keep monitoring these pests....

i know people who think sify is good coz it saves him dialup bills. his only requirement of the net was chat!

I just talked CC , they say all night unlimited packs are capped. They basically said any pack which has the "unlimited" attached to it has a limitation of 150MB/day. But every1 on this forum has confirmed that there are no caps on NIGHT UNLIMITED PACKS. I am confused right now. Can any1 clarify?.

no! customer care doesn't know what they are talkin abt, night packs are not capped, i can tell that from my experience.

suraj where in mumbai u stay...and i hav heard 128kbps plans r capped...also any port blok done your side?????

Airoli, New Bombay.sorry, my bad, I was talkin abt the 256K night pack.....have no idea abt the 128kbps one.

even though sify and everyone here says that the 128kbps unlimted connection in mumbai has a data tranfer limt of 150 mb per day but i myself usually transfer around 400mb download and 150-200 mb upload daily.

also i am not saying that i am perfectly happy with 6-7 kbps speed during the daytime instead of promised "upto 128 kbps". but it is the best and cheapest available option in kanjur marg where i live.

also overall it is a goodpackage for users in mumbai atleast. i mean you get to download 9Mb for every rupee you spend it is by what i have seen very cheap compared to other packages and other isps.
you also get to download 4.5gb of data per Rs.500. even if sify does actually deduct days for every extra 150mb you transferred.

the ultimate misfortune of indian broadband scenario. lack of competition.

i know people who think sify is good coz it saves him dialup bills. his only requirement of the net was chat![/b]

What's wrong with that. To each his own. Not everyone needs to download 24x7 and Sify is better than per hour dial-up in terms of costs. Which part of this statement is non-factual or an opinion?

as per my experience, the night packs are the only uncapped (unlimited) connections sify has...as far as pricing is concerned, the only explainable reason for it being cheap in mumbai is that there is tougher competition there than in delhi or any other city...if u try to ask anyone of them, either the CC or the some manager, they'll just say it's the company policy and we can't comment anything on that...morons!!!