New Seller selling products at low prices scam on Amazon India?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 80
  • Views Views 11,645

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
So, few days ago, this new seller on Amazon India offered a mechanical keyboard at a pretty low price.
Since, it looked like a mistake, I placed an order using cash on delivery.
Two days ago, Amazon canceled that order on expected lines saying seller did not accept the order.
Today, I get a text from Delhivery that the order is on way to my place and I should be ready with the cash.
Order does not even appear in Amazon backend right now though I have the mails confirming that the order was indeed canceled.

I can only assume that the package is empty and since the order is no longer registered with Amazon, I would have no way to get a refund. Especially considering it is not even Amazon fulfilled.

Interesting shit.

3rqz3zq.png
lJxzpdu.png

courier guy just came. had to send him back. crappy situation. i wanted the product but could not risk paying for the package because no refund/support if it had come empty.

yep one of scam. List product at low price. cancel cod order and deliver empty carton and get cash.
Do report the seller to Amazon.
Though they are scamming for such low price also.

they don't let you. if the package was empty, he would not have taken it back. as soon as the package is open, it becomes my headache.

Reactions: Smh
you could have opened the package infront of him while on video. could have stop the spread this kind off shit

but then you could also have not wanted to deal with this shit. so yeah, its not your fault for not wanting additional headaches

I have so many times returned broken coffee mugs without paying them a penny for cod orders.they just call their backend and I had to tell them that the delivery guy broke em in transit.
Plus in your case, technically the order is cancelled so how are they even delivering it.
It's their loss and you are in no ways liable for that?

i would have recorded the opening of the box if Amazon had the delivery in its record.
this delivery did not exist for amazon after it was cancelled.
i pinged amazon chat support. the lady on the other side was pretty sure that the package would not arrive at all.
but her eventual response was that i should reject the package if i had no requirement for it.
stupidity all around.

there were two issues.
first the payment was cod.
second, even if the device existed... but it was dead on arrival or had other issues, i would have been stuck with it. no return/exchange. and if the package did not arrive with an invoice, no warranty either.

just did not want to deal with all this mess.

But Amazon having accepted the payment would have to honour warranty in that scenario.in case it was empty, you could simply not pay ? but ya I agree why go through all the mess

cod means Amazon never accepted the payment.
order cancelled meant they have no record of the delivery or payment or transaction.
if i had accepted the delivery and paid for it... amazon would have zero record of it at their end. because order no longer exists on their platform.

I have been noticing the rising number of scams happening in India as from personal experience especially in Delhi. Seems the youth that did not study or wasn't guided properly by money hungry schools open only for greedy reasons have grown up and now they are doing these scams instead of doing honest work.
Pretty sad because these people will eventually start scamming other countries and ruin all the work done by intelligent people and burry the best our country has to offer because the first thing someone will think when they think of India is "scam".
There already are thousands of scammer scamming old and gullible people from US, UK and other countries.
I am going to stop trusting people now i do not care if that makes me seem like an a$$ the people are not trustworthy anymore.
Lack of proper education and morals.

The only motive here I feel is swindling of GST/ seller not charging GST at all because of low price quoted.

If the logistics is under Amazon....... then Amazon is in connivance....

And if seller is using its own courier he might even be evading Amazon commission......

but I do not think the box would have been empty.....