New Seller selling products at low prices scam on Amazon India?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 80
  • Views Views 11,663
Anybody can sign-up for Amazon. They used to allow individuals too who could sell used stuff.

For proper businesses all we need is GST number, current account details, PAN details, scanned signature. Some products or categories require brand authorisation letter. All these things are usually cross verified by their algorithms and we get verification call from Amazon and then we can update our inventory by searching ASIN/UPC/EAN. If the documents are in order entire thing can be done in couple of hours.

Getting GST number is fully online now. But it takes a week or so though. Earlier tax department guys used to visit the shop location and do physical audit. Not anymore.

Seller can cancel the order and send via his personal Delhivery account and get money; thus by passing Amazon fees. But this can't be done regularly since there are some strict performance metrics like overall order cancellation rate should not cross 2.5% something (can check my seller account and let you guys know exact figure). It's not easy to recover blocked seller account. Changing storefront name is easy though. There was some restrictions on it earlier like you need to wait for x number of days to change the store name again. Not sure of present case.

Let me dig up on that seller using my resources.

@kkapoorr Invoice is not generated till item is shipped, after placing order only Order Summary is generated which do not contains GST Information.

I just complained on Twitter. They asked me to fill a form. I didn't bother. Never get proper answer.

Well. You can also file a complaint ?