new security deposit each time Dataone plan is changed ?

arijitmitter

ISP
BSNL DataOne
hi all this is an application to BSNL

Sir ,
I have changed from BBG FN 500 and BSNL Bfone Rs 180 plan to BBG FN Combo 600 and first bill for month of August 2011 has been generated .
Please note when my Bfone was activated I have paid Rs 1000 security deposit in Bill Month Sep 2007 and when my Dataone internet connection was activated I paid Rs 500 modem security deposit in Bill Month Jan 2008 . So BSNL already holds Rs 1000 as deposit from me .
If BBG FN Combo 600 needs one month security deposit Rs 600 then I need to be charged only Rs 100 more since I have already paid Rs 500 originally at time of BB FN 500 activation .
Please send me corrected bill ,
Regards
Arijit Mitra

is my point correct ?
do i need to pay only Rs 100 or entire Rs 600 ?
do they mean if i go from Rs 500 plan to Rs 600 plan to Rs 900 plan followed by Rs 2000 plan then each time they will charge new security deposit

Note : when BBG FN 500 was activated they charged security deposit as modem security deposit not as plan security deposit . did they forget to charge the Rs 500 Dataone security deposit then and so they are charging Rs 600 now for new plan ?

.:BB COMBO:.

There was no security deposit ( one month's rent in advance ) for this plan.
Old name 500C in Month Jan 2008/Sep 2007 (?) Your Ip 59.xx.xx.xx ? @dataone.in ?
Rs 500 security deposit for telephone calls local/std. ( new connection ) ( No service Tax )
Check breakup: could be Installation charges. Rs 250/= BB and Rs 250/+ telephone.

.:BB COMBO:.

There was no security deposit ( one month's rent in advance ) for this plan.
Old name 500C in Month Jan 2008/Sep 2007 (?) Your Ip 59.xx.xx.xx ? @dataone.in ?
Rs 500 security deposit for telephone calls local/std. ( new connection ) ( No service Tax )
Check breakup: could be Installation charges. Rs 250/= BB and Rs 250/+ telephone.

wait hold on let me try and understand
first some info
in 2007 they gave me phone connection and charged Rs 1000 sec deposit for it
in 2008 i got first bill for Dataone [ 500 night 2 - 8 free plan ] and was charged Rs 250 for install and Rs 500 for modem security deposit . [ note first Dataone bill mentions no plan security deposit ]

then i thought why pay 180 for phone and 500 for internet . why not go to 600 combo plan and save money .

are you saying that they did not charge any security deposit while providing me the Rs 500 plan and so are charging it now ?

yes i am 117.xxx.xxx.xxx

are you saying that they did not charge any security deposit while providing me the Rs 500 plan
and so are charging it now ?

YES.
In 2008 i got first bill for Dataone [ 500 night 2 - 8 free plan ] and was charged Rs 250 for install and
Rs 500 for modem security deposit . [ note first Dataone bill mentions no plan security deposit ]

The link of BSNL which shows discontinuation of the plan
clearly mentions NO Security Deposit.

Aire you still paying Rs 25/=PM as modem rent. ?
if satisfied with working adpter can be changed )
or exchange for a new model if available. )
then apply for outright purchase.
Cost Rs( 1100 minus Rs 500/= minus less 50 % of rental paid since Jan 2008/=)
Rent was Rs 50/= then rs 40/= again after two years Rs 25/+ PM
You may get credit in next month's bill. ( if you had paid more thanRs 1200/= as rent )
see in Broadband link FAQ45.

here is the final answer . obtained it from AOTR

for telephone security deposit is Rs 1000 , for broadband plans for schemes ≤ Rs 500 there is no deposit , for plans > 500 one months deposit [ check plan for number of month deposit ]

and in my case then security deposit comes to Rs 1600 [ Rs 1000 for phone + Rs 600 for broadband Rs 600 ]
above explanation does not include modem deposit if any . that is separate

----------

additional info
if i change to a Rs 750 plan Rs 150 will be charged from me and if i return to Rs 500 plan the security deposit for broadband will be returned to me

Ok. What is the modem status ? still paying/billed Rs 25/per month?

the modem rent remains at Rs 50 or Rs 25 per month [ depending on number of months it has been on rent ] . it is free of the date on which plan is changed
to summarize if you are paying Rs 25 per month as rent and you change plan the modem rent does not roll back to Rs 50 .

----------

i think rent becomes Rs 25 from 25th month . if i want to be sure i have to go back and check all the bills . but i guess i am correct