New Schemes

• Thread starter Thread starter harry19
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 3,556

harry19

The Hindu reports that new schemes are coming in the coming days. From BSNL one can't expect much as this may be the thing they'll finally accounce after 6 months of hollow expectations.

Damn!

So 700 for 2 GBand 250 for 400MB

In this way they are not going to achieve their goal, I mean 4 to 5 million subscriber at the end of 2006.

this is the Worst Ever Scheme I have heard,i think the time has come to leave this Dataone Broadband service.This is what we get after so long of waiting,This will Take our country no where. Bsnl people did nothing for existing users,just introduced some schemes,that could fetch them more money.

It will introduce another package with a rent of Rs.700 for downloads up to 2 GB. [/b]

Useless plans on their way in a day r two... $hit

So are these the only schemes we were expecting since a month long ? Bsnl really sux bad. Now i have to really think of shifting the operators Airtel has started in hyd but not in my area.....

In this way they are not going to achieve their goal, I mean 4 to 5 million subscriber at the end of 2006.[/b]

i think this is the only way they'll manage that many subsribers...remember, not everyone is heavy downloader like us...and most of the poplulation is still using dial-up...and they'll move to broadband with these types of schemes...

don't think i'm supporting them...it still sucks!!! :angry:

You are right, but I'm explaining some situation. I have seen many people when buy a new PC with little knowledge start surfing with their dialup. After 2 to 3 months when they follow their bills, they stop surfing at home and started to go to cybercafes. And this is 256 kbps. Initially many will take the Rs. 250 offer. But after a few months when they encounter the heavy billing by Rs. 2/MB, they will find an alternative. As I have seen in my life that you cannot limit your surfing habituation. It increases day-by-day, time-by-time. And 400 MB is just nothing at 256 kbps pipe.

true...but by the time ppl's habits will change, BSNL will hit it's target 😉

Originally posted by skfg60@Aug 4 2005, 09:19 PM
You are right, but I'm explaining some situation. I have seen many people when buy a new PC with little knowledge start surfing with their dialup. After 2 to 3 months when they follow their bills, they stop surfing at home and started to go to cybercafes. And this is 256 kbps. Initially many will take the Rs. 250 offer. But after a few months when they encounter the heavy billing by Rs. 2/MB, they will find an alternative. As I have seen in my life that you cannot limit your surfing habituation. It increases day-by-day, time-by-time. And 400 MB is just nothing at 256 kbps pipe.
[snapback]19955[/snapback]
[/quote]

most of these check mails and chat.....thats it.... thats internet for them

they are never gonig to finish their 250MB

even if they do they will move on to 500MB plan ^_^ 😛
i dont think they will ever need unlimited

For emailing and chatting wats the use of 256 kbps .....32 kbps wud suffice

Originally posted by avinds@Aug 4 2005, 10:19 PM
i dont think they will ever need unlimited
[snapback]19961[/snapback]
[/quote]

Heh right, these same clueless users that click OK when ever it comes up.

Now that they are nicely infected and working as spam servers, i think they might be surprised to see when they crossed the limit. Can you imagine the agony of having to prove that they did not use the net so much...lol

I believe this will be common as more people get hooked on to the net.

Thing that worries me is if BSNL has not offered anything serious competition wise,

why will the rest continue ?

Is it not possible that they quietly discontinue this unlimited option. Of course existing users won't be affected price wise, but you might notice that your speeds start to drop ever so slowly. Why yes it will still be unlimited, just that you won't be getting as much as you once did.

If no one offers unlimited they all get to screw the pooch some more 😉

i do not see any reason for BSNL doing this, what if people download any amount of data,are their servers going to be overloaded??What a foolish schemes they are introducing? When you use Dial up you are handicapped by time limits and when you use Broadband,you are handicaped by Datalimits?What is the use of broadband then? if Bsnl thinks that the limits are sufficient,then why limits,it will be OK if No limits are there?Please someone do something about this.