New Recharge Dhamaka Offer by Videocon d2h

No, it wasnt bought online. It was bought from a dealer. And about activation, the CC guy told that any Add-on gets activated instantly. But a package change takes time. now we have to believe in this for 1 reason.
That reason is: I am going from a smaller pack to a higher pack. That means its more profitable for them. But still, they say that it will take time, so there wud be some technicalities involved, due to which they arent able to execute something favorable for themselves!

Thats a bad thing. It should be activated instantly.

We have to live with it sadly.......thats the DTH player specific drawback!And just as i was typing this out, i was reminded to check it once........its ACTIVATED!! So now, even i am getting 12 HD channels together!Btw, that reminded me another thing - this Active D2h HD Music is in HD World Add-on, and i WAS STILL GETTING IT!! :O

Yep!!And whats this.......Wimbledon repeat telecast in 3D?? How many of u people have tried watching 3D with glasses, without having 3D TV?I just want to know that if we invest in glasses, can we watch it or not? Coz i am able to see the dual stream video, as can be seen in a regular 3D TV, without glasses.

before investing in glasses,see if you can get that cheap plastic 3d glasses(the one you get in theater) to check out. theoretically,it should work,since the feed is in 3d,despite the tv not 3d enabled.coz in theater,they also beam the 3d projection film onto the same screen

But that cinema thing most of the times is Stereoscopic 3D, which can be seen using the cyan & red combination glasses. This looks like Active Shutter stuff........

We have to live with it sadly.......thats the DTH player specific drawback!

And just as i was typing this out, i was reminded to check it once........its ACTIVATED!! So now, even i am getting 12 HD channels together!

Btw, that reminded me another thing - this Active D2h HD Music is in HD World Add-on, and i WAS STILL GETTING IT!! :O

Wow, gr8. Looks like they have timeline of 48 hrs bt it gets activated instantly. Enjoy All HD Channels 🙂

----------

Yep!!And whats this.......Wimbledon repeat telecast in 3D?? How many of u people have tried watching 3D with glasses, without having 3D TV?

I just want to know that if we invest in glasses, can we watch it or not? Coz i am able to see the dual stream video, as can be seen in a regular 3D TV, without glasses.

No Dude, Even 3D TV require 3D glasses.

yeah, but thats what i am asking - whether it wud be worth spending behind 3D glasses?I had seen in my uncle's 3D TV, that without glasses, it shows 2 streams side by side. that exactly is appearing on my screen as well! Do u have a 3D TV?

I don't have a 3D TV, but recently came to hear that 3D content can be watched even on Laptop too. Only thing required is 3D glasses and HD Video resolution supported Laptop or desktop.Need to discover more abt it .

I think the best way here, is to drop in a mail to D2h, to send an engineer for help. But that, will now happen next weekend. I strictly need to be at home to be able to figure this out.

i don't think the d2h engineer will provide 3d glasses for demo purpose. most probably they will reply in the mail that "one needs a 3d tv with active shutter glasses in order to view the active 3d channel"

I know that, but i can try to frame it in a way, that they wud be required to send an engineer.may be i wud say that audio issue with Star Gold HD is still persisting, and that has even got into Star Plus HD. And when the engineer comes for that, i wud show him this 3D channel also.

one more thing i have observed is,everywhere if you see the 3d content without glasses,you will see a very blurry image,be it 3d tv in showrooms or in movie halls. only in d2h 3d channel,there are dual panes with no loss of quality in either of those when viewed by naked eye.so maybe they are intending to project the 3d effect by amalgamating 2 similar pictures to create a pseudo 3d effect,unlike the "real" 3d content.

No, this technology used by D2h is the real 3D. Coz that is Active Shutter. All others appear blurred, coz it may be an "Upscaled" 3D. Stereo 3D can be real 3D, but when upscaling is done, its done into Stereo 3D.AFAIK, to view this kind of 3D, u need Active Shutter glasses, which are costly. They alternate between ur left & right eye so fast, that u can see 3D picture.