New Railwire Plans for Assam

• Thread starter Thread starter amlan_sarma
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 185
  • Views Views 43,488
These are the plans I got from my LCO. My usage is 150 gb at the most but my LCO tells me there isn't any limit. Probably the industry standard 3.3 TB if there is one.

lOVXahW.webp

@shubash nagre I hope you are right I'm thinking of downgrading my plan to 20 or 50mbps as that is the most I can get anyway. And the internet outrages are crazy even right now I'm posting this from a 4G connection as Railwire has been down since 11 pm lmao. Would not recommend Railwire for work from home or online classes or gaming as the reliablity is F-tier.
These are old plans and as I have mentioned earlier 50 Mbps and 100 Mbps have 3000 GB of data limit for ₹590 and ₹825 and one best thing is you can use any RailWire User ID for any of your RailWire connection on a PPPoE network.

^ on the 100mbps unlimited plan. Thinking of downgrading to the 50mbps one. I'd say switch to Jio as it can't be worse than Railwire and the people say the reliability is okay here on the forums. Is Jio fibre present in Assam now? I know Airtel Xstream is available at Guwahati now but didn't hear anything about Jio fibre. Contemplating switching to BSNL fiber myself or maybe keeping both as a second option. I don't trust BSNL either but my experience with them on DSL is that they are far more reliable. I had a bad experience with their billing though. And wish they had a prepaid option like Railwire.

Yes, JioFibre is present in the Guwahati area. Don't know about the other places. The plans are lucrative but people here mentioned issues like privacy, and torrent issues with Jio. Airtel Xstream might be the best but who knows. Railwire in the past couple of months had been highly unreliable with speeds depending on the time of the day to its non-availability due to backend issues etc. I've had a similar experience with BSNL DSL like yours though way back in 2015s. They have started giving fibre connection now? that's great.

^ That is the opinion everywhere among enthusiasts that Airtel is by far the best, best routing, best ping and you get more speed than promised. Jio is a little cheaper and probably better for you if you want it to use their internet set top box TV and stuff and want OTT subs.\ with the connection.

If only Jio and Railwire are available I would still go for Jio over Railwire if I was you as from what I hear not only it is cheaper but it is more reliable as well. Both are CGNAT trash so it doesn't matter. And Jio has millions of subscribers so even if there are privacy issues unless you are a bigshot or doing something extra ordinary it doesn't matter. All ISPs do keep logs of your internet activities anyway.

And yes BSNL is offering fibre in my small town so it must be available in the Guwahati area. But of course if Airtel is available go for that instead.

Funny thing is all of them are cheaper than Railwire.

Funny thing is all of them are cheaper than Railwire.
Really. I could not even get hold of my LCO since a month. At the time of taking the connection they were quite active, but now they don't care.
And Jio has millions of subscribers so even if there are privacy issues unless you are a bigshot or doing something extra ordinary it doesn't matter. All ISPs do keep logs of your internet activities anyway
It's okay to log (due to security reasons and whatnot) but to use the data for further processing or to sell it to third party companies if it occurs is not okay just like you would not want anybody else snooping on your phone. Its fundamental. Anyway will try to hop on to a new service providers once the COVID situation improves.

Last edited:
New RailTel server has been installed in Ranchi city. Total server count for RailTel now goes to 11