New PC Configuration..

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 7160
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 13,092
ahem. not really. the profit margin for assemblers is pretty low. and they are faster at providing services. 🙂

please dont be under the impression that all hardware guys are like your guy !!

you could end up spoiling the processor if you dont insert it properly.that's the most difficult part.

you could end up spoiling the processor if you dont insert it properly.that's the most difficult part.

Well assembling a desktop is child's play if you have ever done it. and there is "NOWAY" you'd insert processor in improper way unless guy is real jerk.

the processor fits only one way... doesnt it ? ..Well if a 15 year old could wire a Core2Duo pc from scratch a year ago... others can too. 😗

blowing up stuff by connecting wrong wires is not!

It's "IMPOSSIBLE" to connect wrong wires, that's the best part about computers, either it will be connected in right way or it will refuse to get connected at all. If you are struggling to fit anything, most likely you are not doing it correctly.

Yesterday itself I opened up my laptop to the mobo level just to get the hang of it, and when I was reassembling it, it was done so smoothly, automatically, that I was wondering the genius of of the designer!

It's "IMPOSSIBLE" to connect wrong wires, that's the best part about computers,

Exactly!

the processor fits only one way... doesnt it ? ..

Well if a 15 year old could wire a Core2Duo pc from scratch a year ago... others can too. 😗

Oh yeah, I was 15 something when I assembled my first system myself. 70k components... I was sure of doing things right. And that system is still working!

didnt mean it that way.inserting the processor is a little bit tricky.

No it's not tricky. You just put the processor it fits as if warm knife is being passed thru butter!

You can't fit improper RAM into your system, because designers make it that way. Everything is designed in such a way that you just can't do it wrongly.

Great... @Thread -HDD - WD 500GB 4kCPU - Intel Core2Quad 2.8ghz 6kMOBO - Intel DG33FB 3kRAM - Transcend 2*2GB 3kSCREEN - AOC 19' widescreen 9.5kSpeakers - Philips 5.1 3.7k (+Creative soundblaster audio for 1.5k 🙂 )

Great...

@Thread -

HDD - WD 500GB 4k
CPU - Intel Core2Quad 2.8ghz 6k
MOBO - Intel DG33FB 3k
RAM - Transcend 2*2GB 3k
SCREEN - AOC 19' widescreen 9.5k
Speakers - Philips 5.1 3.7k (+Creative soundblaster audio for 1.5k 🙂 )

Thanks Amit.. I want to go for 19" wide screen monitor with Dell.. and I already have Bose system for PC..

My current PC was bought from a dealer whom I can trust to the core.. My processor was gone and he came to my house and took my processor and came back after a week with a new processor (sealed packet).. But the thing is he is not in business now.. Heard he has gone to Dubai ...

The place i buy stuff from installs for free at his shop , you can get the processor fitted if you are nervous , rest is pretty easy

Yes here too in Bangalore.. At most places they assemble and don't charge you for anything ..