New packages soon!

• Thread starter Thread starter astrix
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 9,542

astrix

You knew you were waiting for it 😉Site says they'll be announced Jan 18, which is tomorrow. Ah, the joys of competition.

technically speaking other than BSNL's intro offer which works till june, airtel has no competition. i just hope they dont mess with the unlimited package that costs 900 bucks.

I'm dropping SIFY broadband like the Titanic.... just waiting for the new rates 😀Sify should be sued for false advertising.

I downgraded my airtel 128k unlimited home package to 64k about 4 days back. In an earlier post I complained about slow speeds(max 6KB/s) and even after talking to airtel 3 times, they were not interested in solving the problem. Well, they will pay for it. I'm most probably going to be cancelling airtel phone and internet service from feb 1st.When they don't keep promises for 128k, I'm mostly not going to take a chance with their higher end packages.

for people who checks mails twice a day. [/b]

Nah I dont think u can just check ur email 2wice with 1GB.....u can do a lot more with it🙂

Hmmm..... so as far as I can see there are no new packages advertised on the net. I did get impatient though, so I called Customer care....

The woman I talked to was dumbfounded about any new packages... she even confirmed with her supervisor that there was nothing new that they knew of..... I tried telling her that if there aren't any new packages, they should take the message off their website, but I don't think she got it.....

Oh interestingly.... I asked the woman to take a look at the site herself, but she said they don't have internet access there!!!! LOL!!!!

They have changed their website and so you have to go to www.airtel-broadband.com

Also I want to know if Airtel broadband allows IP Phone software like Skype?

Hey I called and it seems it's going to take "another week to 10 days." Sad. I don't mind waiting if it's worth it tho 😛

Rather retarded........ though I can't say that I am too optimistic about these new packages..... I have a feeling that they will just be ones with just slightly different volume or time caps, rather than a 256 Kbps unlimited plan.Shankar, I don't know what you are talking about.... I don't see anything new on their site.