New MTNL Triband Connection

bull shit... try contacting a few more people and talk as if you are going to bribe them (dont actually do that, there is no need)...

If they think you will bribe them, and in the end you do not bribe them,
some of those guys can be very vindictive.
I've known of instances where people have had to pay massive bills, coz those that were not bribed wanted to make the customers repent :redface:

Ne1 having GM's office number in Mumbai ?GM's residential or cell no will also do...... 😛 will call them at 3 in the night and inquire about my pending connection.

No one picks up the line at GM's office. Have mailed him. Not expecting a reply anyway.Few days back, when i visited my area's exchange, they told me that there would be new ports sanctioned by the end of month, and every1 will get a connection soon.Yesterday, when i contacted them, they told me that such plans have been cancelled, and new ports won't arrive before 2 months.WTF !!!

try mailing these guys directly:

rschauhan@mtnl.net.in
dgminternet@mtnl.net.in

hi guys,I am currently using my local cablewallah for broadband. I had IOL 256kbps unlimited for past couple of months and it was working fine. Once I even got a speed of about 850kbps while downloading SEUS from Sony ericsson india site ( I confirmed the speed through netmeter and firefox download manager).This month it seems that Exatt has taken over IOL, and my cable guy renewed my account on a single user plan, and hence my new Netgear (WGT 624) router is useless now as the exatt CC guys say that single user plans dont work with routers.And as mentioned earlier in one of the posts in this thread, the exatt guys and the cable guy are just passing the buck when I ask them to change my account to Multi user one.so the crux is that I have decided to take mtnl triband 849 NU plan.Now I have heard that since it is unlimited downloads between 1200 to 0800, everyone starts bittorrenting or something ;-) and you get pathetic speed?? Can the users of this plan tell me if this is correct???Also I have an option of taking reliance wi-max, I have read nothing but complaints about it on the net, but those are mostly last years posts. Is the service still bad?I am in the Goregaon (w) area of Bombay.