New MNP Fees to go live from September 30

Navjot Singh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Airtel
TRAI has announced that the new fee of Rs 5.74 for mobile number portability will be effective from September 30, 2019. The telecom regular adds that the new cost was computed on the basis of cost reimbursement following the change in architecture.

Currently, the recipient telecom operators have to pay Rs 19 for every consumer acquired, to MNP service providers such as Syniverse Technologies and MNP Interconnection Telecom Solutions.

TRAI says new MNP fee will be effective from September 30

isn't this offered for free by all operators already? (i mean they are absorbing the costs obviously?)

No idea. Have been putting off porting coz lazy. Really need to get rid of all Voda connections in the house.

haha. how are you even managing with vodafone 😀

i am sure airtel would be more than happy to send a guy to your place if there are a bunch of numbers to port.

Airtel app has an option where u can port to their pre-paid plan directly and the guy will come to your home to collect documents. Hopefully will be smooth coz both Voda numbers are postpaid. I am just waiting for shifting to the permanent home. This is the first thing I am going to do.

yeah. airtel seems to be the only company that is sort of kind of running like a proper telecom company in this country.

Vodafone offered to convert my Postpaid to prepaid and were ready to give me Rs 200 discount on my postpaid bill when I ported over to Airtel.

Also, they lied that Airtel can't offer me Prepaid since I was a postpaid customer so they asked me to text "STOP MNP" to a number they gave. I told them that I would be okay with Airtel postpaid. Just release me.

And Vodafone's reply was: Aapko airtel me jaake pareshaan hona hai? lol
I said yes.

And that was that.