New Mahindra Electric Car

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 732
Welcome to a reimagined world of Born Electric vehicles.
I am still wondering what the hell that clip was all about, except forthe grating sound effects. Maybe it's too profound for me.🤔

I just hope someone can make an electric hatchback with modern features for under 7 Lacs on road. That's the only way there will be some mass adoption at least. Maruti is probably the best placed to do it.

Probably won't happen for a while. Nano electric probably could have been. WagonR electric has been undergoing testing for so long now and is still expected to cost near 10L.

Things should change in a few years though. People have at least started buying electrics. My lane has two MG electrics now.

China seems to be the only country where they are making and selling large number of low cost electric hatchbacks. Chinese companies are also behind some of the popular electric scooters being sold in India though the way things are it seems unlikely that we would see a Chinese company bringing cheap electric hatchbacks to India. So it is likely to be done by one of these new startups.

It's kind of hilarious that people are spending 20L+ on electric cars and using them for local travel when it should have been the other way round. Electric hatchbacks for local travel and regular cars for outstation trips. Mahindra really failed to capitalize on their Reva brand though at least we have a service like Blu Smart letting you use electric cars as cabs.

Last edited:
Maruti's vision is smart CNG cars for the next decade, but let's see.