new indian search engine

• Thread starter Thread starter kencha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 8,693
specific to india. who needs that... 😕 and worse... how does search engines find out whether this forum caters to indian audiences? even google fails to do that.

Originally posted by Sushubh@Jun 26 2005, 06:08 PM
specific to india. who needs that... 😕 and worse... how does search engines find out whether this forum caters to indian audiences? even google fails to do that.
[snapback]13827[/snapback]
[/quote]

Why do you think we don't need a India specific SE? What if you want to search for movie reviews, restaurants or news specfic only to India.
The Indian online users are expected to grow by 50% and they will surely need something to search 🙂 the more choices the better..

with 90% of the websites running on american servers. with 99% of the domains without .in extensions, you expect these engines to even work? i do not think so. i run around 5 indian specific sites. google does not consider them as indian sites. you think smaller engines have a chance?tell me 1 logical way these engines can decide that a particular site is even 'indian'?

QUOTE(Joe @ Jun 27 2005, 11:49 PM) [snapback]13942[/snapback]
If you type in indian defence forum on google,u will get pakistani defence forums!!!!!!
[/b]
LMAO

..nice one 🙂

QUOTE(ultra vires @ May 8 2006, 12:38 AM) [snapback]50567[/snapback]
well sushubh atleast add ur sites to that , we can think of makin a start atleast 🙂
[/b]

why add spam to a search engine which is already short on usable content?

yeh most of people consider hosting sites on servers in other countries as hosting here is so costly .

Cost is fine if u get good customer support or server reliability which are unheard terms here in india 🙁

This search engine seems to work!!!!!Tried a few things and found India related results (mostly) 🙂