• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 3,203

Crazysah

Arsenal FTW!
ISP
ACT Fibernet 300Mbps
Hello,
So we currently own the Hyundai Getz and the Chevrolet Optra. We're planning on getting rid of the Optra (about 10/12 years old) and buy a new hatchback for 7 lakhs or less.
What are the best options out there these days? I know an updated Polo is launching next month and an all new Jazz is launching in a few months.
Any other cars I should look out for?
Thanks,
Crazysah

Grand i10?
Also mention, Petrol or Diesel

rak007 said:
Manual or Automatic ?
What safety features you desire ? Or safety is not necessary but good looks are ?
Manual or automatic, doesn't matter.
Should have the basic safety features at least like airbags and all. Looks aren't the most important but they do matter. Space in the back seat is kinda important.

Personally if I have the resources, I would buy the Polo TSI or TDI.

Crazysah said:
Manual or automatic, doesn't matter.
Should have the basic safety features at least like airbags and all. Looks aren't the most important but they do matter. Space in the back seat is kinda important.
Problem is that in India, ABS, airbags are not considered basic and they don't offer them in most of their models except may be top end.
I would say check brio and i20 or grand i10 Asta.
Also check team bhp forums.

had to buy the asta option to get dual airbags. very annoying. volkswagen does good here by including dual airbags on all variants of polo i think. not sure about honda policies.

Petrol. Not diesel.
So, the Polo is worth it? They are launching a new version next month in India, so I should wait for that?

For Petrol... I would suggest the Brio. Unless of course you can extend your budget for the Polo TSI 😀
i20 is another option. You should be able to get the top end model in that budget. I got the Grand Petrol top-end for 5.75 all inclusive here in Gurgaon.

Brio is a good car. I don't own any car but I have been reading a lot on team Bhp and India automotive forums. But you don't see much on roads since many people I guess don't like its design, especially the back. Moreover the feature list is less than others, like the music system has no CD Player.
In India people pay for best bang for buck cars so they go for Hyundai and Maruti and such.
Also what they see on roads influences their decisions. Like if you recommend Brio to someone then first reply would be "Raste pe dikhta nahi hai woh, shayad kuch problem hoga gaadi mein".
Also they don't care about security features at all. I guess Honda Brio also has passed the crash tests and such and at least it's top end model has ABS, EBD and Dual airbags.
But one common complain I see online for brio is that it's boot space is less.

Brio and Polo costs around the same while Brio looks like a smaller car compared to Polo. I was quite shocked to see the pricing of Brio. I mean if Brio costs so much, I wonder how much Jazz used to cost before it was discontinued 😀

I am not in market for a car but I am interested to buy an automatic hatchback and brio is definitely on the list. I have never sat in car Or anything so I don't know much.
i20 also seems good but the top end automatic is like super expensive for me (more than 9 lakh OTR).
Does grand i10 have any automatic model with dual airbags and ABS ?

It does have an Auto. Not sure if it comes with dual airbags. I had to buy the 'option' edition of Asta which is their top end variant to get dual airbags. Standard Asta just has one. I would imagine they would have an Auto Asta Option variant.