MTNL Mumbai New FUP on MTNL ADSL plans

• Thread starter Thread starter kickass
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 9,063
Any idea if MTNL is going to announce some new benefits for the New Year? Or at least make the FUP limits permanent.

MTNL is the most stable option for me. 99% uptime over the last 9 years and excellent speed on account of living reasonably close to the exchange. Before that, I was on Hathway, with pathetic downtimes and no idea when it would get fixed. I see lots of new ISPs pop up but they disappear just as fast.

Right ow, the only alternative I see for a switch would be to something like Railwire.But then again,it means relying on an LCO.

@beyondinvisible

No one knows whether they will make the FUP permanent. But I doubt they will.

At least MTNL has realised that VDSL is capable of 50 Mbps speeds on good line and hence has merged VDSL plans with Fiber.

The irony is.... higher your download speed, lower the data you can consume (lower FUP limit). The purpose of using high speed broadband is defeated.

Do they really expect people paying Rs 3000 For 50 Mbps (150GB) pay even more for costly data top-ups? May be 1% will pay up in desperation. But are they targeting those elite 1% instead of masses?

Rs. 3000 is maximum what an Indian will pay for broadband. No sane person will go higher than that. MTNL's downfall had already started 2-3 years back and they still don't care.

Once Jio and Airtel Fiber are widespread within next 3-4 years offering 100 Mbps to 1000 Mbps plans, MTNL will have no where to hide in shame.

Totally agree with you on that......

In Delhi.... MTNL boradband is now history except for some pocket where others ISP's are yet to venture....

I was with MTNL broadband... the day they launched... till May this year.....

Now am with Excitel 20Mbps unltd....... torrents touch 40Mbps...... all at what I used to pay MTNL for 512Kbps...

speed is not only the issue... it is more of technical incompetence and support.....

Any idea if MTNL is planning to change their offerings after 31st March? Now that Jio et al have come out with their offerings.

FUP limits have increased now. Still not particularly attractive for mid to heavy users.

Btw, does any ISP offer fast unlimited plans in Mumbai these days? I've checked with Mach1 and Spectranet but they're very localised and not available in my area.

Hathway plans as per their website are hopeless.

FUP limits have increased now. Still not particularly attractive for mid to heavy users.
MTNL's current plans are far too expensive.

Plan1: Rs. 500 for 50 GB @ 50 Mbps
Plan2: Rs 1000 for 150 GB @ 50 Mbps
Plan3: Rs 1500 for 220 GB @ 50 Mbps
Plan4: Rs. 2000 for 300 GB @ 100 Mbps
Plan5: Rs. 2500 for 380 GB @ 100 Mbps
Plan6: Rs. 3000 for 500 GB @ 100 Mbps

Post FUP 5 Mbps.

Highest speed should be given as per line conditions.

MTNL needs these plans. to fight Jio or they go bust. No bullshitting charts or tables to make choosing the right plan difficult. Simple straight forward.

I used to use Hathway a long time ago (in the good old days of 256 Kbps 😛) but gave up because of huge down times. MTNL was a saviour back then.

I don't live home right now so MTNL is fine for my folk's needs. We use our landline and the exchange is right across the road. Have only had to visit them like 2-3 times in the last 9 years so MTNL's connectivity has really been awesome for me.

Still, one does get jealous when you see plans from Excitel and the like.

Those Hathway plans look pretty good to me. Who cares about FUP when post-FUP speed is 5 Mbps😎