New FTTH 10mbps plan in MTNL Delhi

• Thread starter Thread starter rkumar02
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 21,795
Did you visit the sanchar haat to get this information? 1500 aunties told me point blank that they have nothing to do with FTTH and when I called sanchar haat they told me that I should ask 1500 as they have only forms and no information about it!! 🙁

If you can manage to get at least 100 people to get MTNL FTTH then they would think about providing you a connection.

True story.

Why did you go to 1500 aunties?1 or 2 would have been enough, wouldnt they?

Nah, i enquired way back at their stall in Pragati MaidanDid you visit the sanchar haat to get this information? 1500 aunties told me point blank that they have nothing to do with FTTH and when I called sanchar haat they told me that I should ask 1500 as they have only forms and no information about it!! 🙁

Why did you go to 1500 aunties?

1 or 2 would have been enough, wouldnt they?

You have a point there!! but I thought more the merrier 😛

wow! 40 gb for 1290 @ 10mbps isn't so bad coming to think of i was uptill now paying 1213/m to tatas for 10gb @ 1.5-1.8mbps max with photon+!!!just switched over to mtnl 3G (4.5k unlimited 6months plan) and i already feel cheated reading this tread! loldamn! u delhites r lucky! we mumbaikars don't have any such plans yet! only 2mbps tri-band plans!and from fiber optics i remember how i use to get the most crappiest internet service ever from hathway few years back (64-150kbps max) on thick fiber optic line which they installed at my place! that too use to hardly load any sites mostly and had to keep on complaining several times! lolanyways... i personally think future is wireless! heard there is something like dual tech in 3G usb modems which is already offered in some countries by which they offer speeds unto 42mbps! wow!hope we get at least 10-12 mbps with no fups in near future soon at least!and mtnl aunties....lol.. that cracked me up! recently had some laughable experience with our very own mumbai men aunties! wanted to re-charge online but they had no clue about plan details! when i asked them to see it on the internet and tell me as they will surely have a pc in front, she said site is not opening only... toh kuch pata nahi hai detail main.. lol!

It's not really available 😕You should at least have 50-100 people willing to take the connection, to avail this service.

anyways... i personally think future is wireless! heard there is something like dual tech in 3G usb modems which is already offered in some countries by which they offer speeds unto 42mbps! wow!

No, it isnt. Not unless the laws of physics are broken

MTNL has launched new promotional FTTH broadband plan that looks very lucrative...

Promotional Offer

The scheme will be implemented w.e.f 08 February 2012 to 07 April 2012 for 60 days.
BROADBAND PLAN
Registration and installation charges - Rs. 500/-
Refundable security of ONT - Rs. 1000/-
Additional non refundable security charges of WiFi device - Rs 800/-
Plan Details �Unlimited Usage
[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Particulars[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]FTH-590[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]FTH-690[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]FTH-790[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]FTH-990[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]FTH-1290[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Download Speed [/TD]
[TD="align: center"]2 Mbps upto 5GB download
512 Kbps afterward
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]4 Mbps upto 7GB download
512 Kbps afterward
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]10 Mbps upto 12GB download
512 Kbps afterward
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]10 Mbps upto 20GB download
512 Kbps afterward
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]10 Mbps upto 40GB download
512 Kbps afterward
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Upload[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]512 Kbps[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]1 Mbps upto 7GB
512 Kbps afterward
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]1Mbps upto 12GB
512 Kbps afterward
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]1Mbps upto 20GB
512 Kbps afterward
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]1Mbps upto 40GB
512 Kbps afterward
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Fixed Monthly charges (Rs)
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]590[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]690[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]790[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]990[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]1290[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Annual Charges option (Rs)[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]5900[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]6900[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]7900[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]9900[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]12900[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Plan details - Limited Usage
[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Name of plan[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Download Speed[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Upload Speed[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Free data down load[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Min monthly Broadband charges[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Beyond free data download per MB (Rs.)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]FTH Delight 740[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Up to 10Mbps[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]1Mbps[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]10 GB[/TD]
[TD="align: center"] 740[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Above 10 GB up to 20 GB - @ Paisa 15 per MB
Above 20 GB up to 40 GB - @ Paisa 10 per MB
Above 40 GB up to 80 GB - @ Paisa 4 per MB
Above 80GB - @ Paisa 2 per MB
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Others
1.) After fair usage limit, download / upload will be limited to 512 Kbps / 512 Kbps
2.) Registration and installation charges of Rs. 500/- will be waived off during promotional period.
3.) In all the above plans ONT / WiFi Modem service charges of Rs. 100/- per month is included whose revenue is not sharable.
4.) If customer opts for annual plan, ONT security charges of Rs. 1000/- will be waived off.
5.) Applicable Taxes will be charged extra.
6.) In plan FTH-990 and FTH-1290 �F- Secure �anti virus will be provided free of charge for one year.

Same thing will be implemented in Mumbai by today. Network is capable of delivering up to 10Gbps according to MTNL officials.

Who knows when BSNL will change. ??????????????

guys mtnl is laying lines at jhulelal apartments in pitampura in Delhi... saying the services there will be implemented right now... if anyone wants to exactly find if there area is serviceable call Mr. Raju Sinha (FTTH planning) u can find his no. on mtnl website. I forgot it.

anyways... i personally think future is wireless! heard there is something like dual tech in 3G usb modems which is already offered in some countries by which they offer speeds unto 42mbps! wow!
nah, future is fiber bro! FIBER!

and if i remember correctly , there's a proposal to merge MTNL and BSNL. .hope this doesn't happen.

I had like to register for this service, is it still available to some limited area or it's available to everyone now?