• Thread starter Thread starter sunish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 9,023

sunish

ISP
BSNL
Hello friends,
After many days of testing, I'm finally releasing a software utility for checking bsnl's bandwidth usage. Its different from Shaplus and other similar software in the following respects
1) Its really fast as it just provides the summary
2) You get the updated summary with just a double click on the tray icon.
3) Automatic dialup connection and disconnection for Night Unlimited plans saving you from the trouble of scripts and task scheduling.
4) Uses less bandwidth as it takes the summary information from the first page of logs.
5)Its 100% open source 100% delphi

You can download it from Dataone Quick Usage Finder | sunish.net
Certified by softpedia as 100% trojan,malware,adware free.
Feedback welcome and have a great day !
Sunish Issac

Your site is not opening .

i think DUF is better than this......coz your s/w "just provides the summary"

here is the screenshot

http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=capturevc9.jpg

Most of the time all you want to know is the summary.In case you find any discrepancy, you can always go into the details on BSNL site. At least I just wanted to know what's the balance bandwidth that I have. Another important feature is connection scheduling for Night Unlimited plans, which is not provided by any of the similar utlities available.I don't know why ciscotech was not able to access the site..Sunish

I appreciate your new utility as it is a open source one .
some programmers like making own utility from scratch !
however reinventing the wheel can be unnecessary .

as per the connection scheduling is concerned , it should be
a separate utility as finding usage summary and scheduling
are not related . other data usage finding utilities do not
include a different task - it is not their lapse !

I appreciate your new utility as it is a open source one .
some programmers like making own utility from scratch !
however reinventing the wheel can be unnecessary .

as per the connection scheduling is concerned , it should be
a separate utility as finding usage summary and scheduling
are not related . other data usage finding utilities do not
include a different task - it is not their lapse !

True its not their lapse,as far as having a separate utility is concerned, for just scehduling connects and disconnects you might as well use rasdial and task scheduler. I have high respect to all the other bandwidth utils provided for free. In fact I was using Shaplus tool for a long time. But I just needed the summary most of the time and I wanted connection scheduling. So I combined both these requirements and cooked up dquf. Ultimately its a matter of choice. What one might find useful may not be applicable to another.

Sunish

great thing is tht...i hav nt to calculate my remaining data uses per day...nice work buddy...buddy can u tell me wht's d use or need pf sheduling sorry for asking but i m nt getting it...why to disconnect at 1:55 then again reconnect at 2:05??

buddy can u tell me wht's d use or need pf sheduling sorry for asking but i m nt getting it...why to disconnect at 1:55 then again reconnect at 2:05??

BSNL has this bad habit of charging you for night unlimited plans if you connect before 2am. So a scheduled connect and disconnect will make clear difference between the log entries.

hey this means if i did shedule my downlaod at 7:55am then i can continue download for the whole day!! isnt it?? wll BSNL count tht?? plzz let me know....some ppl are using this...but i m afraid if it is going to work...i hav read bout this in orkut community..hav u ever tried it???

I doubt about starting at 7.55, but I have had bad experience where all my torrent downloads one night were charged when the connection was initiated before 2 am and the actual download started at 2.10 and ended well before 8 am.

What does the "Balance per day" mean?

Balance bandwidth per day is remaining bandwidth divided by remaining days. Just discovered a bug there,where in, if the bandwidth allocated per month is exceeded, it displays an incorrect -ve value for current month. Updated version will soon be uploaded, will also add VAT to billed amount.

Also after checking usage when i close the application, bsnl gets disconnected...
New Version 0.7.0.0 released on 18.06.07

Bugs Fixed
Balance bandwidth displayed incorrectly if usage exceeded limit. - Self
Connection gets disconnected on closing program - subham through broadbandforum.co

New Features
Added service tax costing - Request by Sindhu S

Main Source Revisions
Got rid of code for accomodating Plan charges before Jan2007

Home page of dquf http://sunish.net/dataone