New freeware opensource utility for finding usage and connection scheduling

• Thread starter Thread starter sunish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 9,027
@sunish .1. How in new version you have started with JUNE 2007 ?
2. Have you given a choice for browsers ?
Better to open new thread.
old version only six months listed. see below

Did u enter your portal id ? What if you try to enter the portal id and password from IE for the site BSNL - Broadband Account Management /

Sunish, i am getting stuck at the same point when opened with IE or FF..

@sunish .1. How in new version you have started with JUNE 2007 ?
2. Have you given a choice for browsers ?
Better to open new thread.
old version only six months listed. see below

1)The new version supports both usage checking portals. Now in the old portal previous 10 months usage could be checked and that's why months' from June 2007 are listed.
2)No dquf still uses IE as the backend for data extraction and hence will not work with other browsers. IE6 and 7 should be okay, though I use IE7 for testing.
3)Once the version is finalized may be I'll make a formal announcement and start a new thread.

Dear Sunish, thanx for the wonderful program.But i am unable to use it.I am a new user.It logs me in and i can see that i have logged in bbservice.bsnl.in.Than it shows me the error "An error occured in extracted data.............." and on your browser window it shows "internal error".now the interesting fact is this exactly happens if u try to login bbservice.bsnl.in using firefox.So i use IE7 instead. So realising this i tried changing my default browser to IE 7 and then firefox but no avail.I think the site has some problem also

Datafox plugin of firefox is best.Its small and informative.

new usage finder is cool 🙂 but as usual the bsnl site sucks. i request to change my account to old one 🙁

hi sunish, thanks for the software. i have one question. when i check on auto detect plan and click on refresh it always show what we have previously selected on the plan drop down list. i have home 500C+ plan when i select home 250 from plan list and after that when i check on auto detect plan and hit refresh it show home 250 . if i do it with home 500 with the same procedure above it show home 500.i think u have to fix this bug.by the way thankyou for this, i was waiting for this for a long time.:thumbsup:

@mammu
Datafox plugin of firefox is best.Its small and informative.
Agree for FireFox users. 3 in 1 ( Also used for MTNL Mumbai and Delhi )
But Most people use IE6 or IE 7.
I think Brian is updating it for new users with Ip 117.xx.xx.xx
DQUF new version also works fine for me IP 59.xx.xx.xx
By the way download latest.IE8.

hi sunish, thanks for the software. i have one question. when i check on auto detect plan and click on refresh it always show what we have previously selected on the plan drop down list. i have home 500C+ plan when i select home 250 from plan list and after that when i check on auto detect plan and hit refresh it show home 250 . if i do it with home 500 with the same procedure above it show home 500.
i think u have to fix this bug.
by the way thankyou for this, i was waiting for this for a long time.:thumbsup:

Auto detect plan doesn't work with the new Portal, you got to manually select the plan.Thanks

new usage finder is cool 🙂 but as usual the bsnl site sucks. i request to change my account to old one 🙁
Even I want to change my portal to old one, or bsnl should have a better portal. Checking usage is now a costly affair as it consumes a considerable amt of bandwidth.

Datafox plugin of firefox is best.
Its small and informative.

I agree its small and cute and I have it installed. Its also multi platform as it will run on all platforms that FF can run. In fact I'm in touch with Brian and I gave one of my portal id for him to test and develop for the new portal.

What extra info does Datafox provide when compared to dquf ? Is there something that I can add. I thought DQUF provides more info and has connection scheduling.

Dear Sunish,
thanx for the wonderful program.But i am unable to use it.I am a new user.It logs me in and i can see that i have logged in bbservice.bsnl.in.Than it shows me the error "An error occured in extracted data.............." and on your browser window it shows "internal error".now the interesting fact is this exactly happens if u try to login bbservice.bsnl.in using firefox.So i use IE7 instead.
So realising this i tried changing my default browser to IE 7 and then firefox but no avail.I think the site has some problem also

if you are not able to check usage with FF or IE, DQUF also will not be able to extract data.
You can get an internal error in the new portal if you are providing an incorrect username/portal id. What's your ip address ? Is it in the 117 series or 59.X If its in the 59 series u should use the old admin URLs

You can get an internal error in the new portal if you are providing an incorrect username/portal id. What's your ip address ? Is it in the 117 series or 59.X If its in the 59 series u should use the old admin URLs

No .. giving a wrong userid/password will give a page saying invalid userid/password
The prob is something else..Datafox also takes too much time(in hours) to load everything..

No .. giving a wrong userid/password will give a page saying invalid userid/password
The prob is something else..Datafox also takes too much time(in hours) to load everything..

You didn't answer my question in the first place. Datafox afaik has not released a version supporting the new portal. Did you try logging out and then logging in.

May be because of that. When i tried datafox, i got a a blank page and even after hours of waiting nothing happened. Dataone QUF worked for me atlast.. May be it was some prob @ the bsnl end.edit : it workd a few hours ago, but now when i checkd it after posting this reply , i got the same old "internal error" 🙁

If you can see your stats from dataone then you can also see from datafox.It might be your bsnl problem.For scheduling connection I use free download manager.Even programs can be scheduled by it and also shutdown of pc.Its very useful to connect at 2am, download and shutdown till 7am automatically.

Are you checking for just a single account or is it multiple accounts. I get an internal error, if I check for a different account without logging out the current account. maybe I should add an option for logging out and also for plan detection in the new portal.