New freeware opensource utility for finding usage and connection scheduling

• Thread starter Thread starter sunish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 9,024
ok, a feature request....it would be convenient to have the total amount payable displayed in the pop-up balloon( or whatever they are called) when the mouse is placed over the dquf icon in the tray.

Will be considered and taken care of in the next version. Its an easily doable feature.

And also how about implementing support for connection scheduling when in PPPoE mode too. DQUF only supports bridge mode connection scheduling as of now. I feel discriminated against 🙁

And also how about implementing support for connection scheduling when in PPPoE mode too. DQUF only supports bridge mode connection scheduling as of now. I feel discriminated against 🙁

Well, if u r a kind of hardware guy with some electronics skills, I can make a hardware ckt to be connected to the serial port that will disconnect the router at the scheduled time and then reconnect it 🙂

I'll do it if there's lots of interest in such a solution.

Sunish

Thats overkill! A hardware ckt just for scheduling?? 😛 I don't know anything about delphi but looking at DQUF, where it connects to 10.xx.xx.xx and then logs in with the given bsnl credentials and goes onto different pages and then displays the usage summary page of dataone.in, couldn't something like that be applied to the router, you know, going to 192.168.1.1 with router credentials, then to the PPP config page and then do a disconnect/connect at specified times. is that a possibility?🙂

Thats overkill! A hardware ckt just for scheduling?? 😛 I don't know anything about delphi but looking at DQUF, where it connects to 10.xx.xx.xx and then logs in with the given bsnl credentials and goes onto different pages and then displays the usage summary page of dataone.in, couldn't something like that be applied to the router, you know, going to 192.168.1.1 with router credentials, then to the PPP config page and then do a disconnect/connect at specified times. is that a possibility?🙂
Very much possible, but each router will have a different way of accessing the disconnect settings. By hardware what I meant is a ckt costing less than 100rs.

Sunish

Hmmm...in that case, how about a version supporting only Huawei and utstarcom routers first, being the most commonly issued bsnl routers, and then later on providing further implementations for other routers slowly on a revision basis? from going through different forums, i think there are like 4 or 5 most widely used routers for bsnl.

sunish, Have you checked the software in Vista? Is it compatible with vista?

Hello friends,
After many days of testing, I'm finally releasing a software utility for checking bsnl's bandwidth usage. Its different from Shaplus and other similar software in the following respects
1) Its really fast as it just provides the summary
2) You get the updated summary with just a double click on the tray icon.
3) Automatic dialup connection and disconnection for Night Unlimited plans saving you from the trouble of scripts and task scheduling.
4) Uses less bandwidth as it takes the summary information from the first page of logs.
5)Its 100% open source 100% delphi

You can download it from Dataone Quick Usage Finder | sunish.net
Certified by softpedia as 100% trojan,malware,adware free.
Feedback welcome and have a great day !
Sunish Issac

A)Above (3) I don't find it in the program 0.7.0.0.
B)Working fine: Only recent new users with IP, it seems 117.xx.xx.xx cannot use the program. I think those who got the email from BSNL
about self care, SHOULD enter the ID PW given by BSNL in Dquf,instead of the only ID P/W given for old users ( did not get any email from BSNL ::service from feb. 2007)
C) I need not open /do not open any browser to check usage with DQUF.
( If IE is not available in the Computer , (say uninstalled) will the pgm work ?).
Again thanks for a nice program.

@srk006 It would have been helpful,if you have tested it with VISTA ( if you have it ),
instead of asking the programmer to test it in Vista. Visit his website.
DQUF (Dataone Quick Usage Finder ) was designed for and tested on Windows XP Professional SP2 with IE6/7. It should work without problems on all versions of Windows XP and Windows 2000 with IE6 or IE7.
UNQUOTE

sunish, Have you checked the software in Vista? Is it compatible with vista?
I just tested in Vista Home Premium{not my primary OS though}, the version that came pre-installed in my laptop. It works. The only thing I was doubtful was the scheduling and that too seems to work.
Have a great day !

Sunish

A)Above (3) I don't find it in the program 0.7.0.0.
Connection Scheduling Options are visible only for when Night Unlimited Plans are selected
B)Working fine: Only recent new users with IP, it seems 117.xx.xx.xx cannot use the program. I think those who got the email from BSNL
about self care, SHOULD enter the ID PW given by BSNL in Dquf,instead of the only ID P/W given for old users ( did not get any email from BSNL ::service from feb. 2007)
Can you please give the link to the original posting
C) I need not open /do not open any browser to check usage with DQUF.
( If IE is not available in the Computer , (say uninstalled) will the pgm work ?).
If IE is not available it will not work. Period.
Again thanks for a nice program.
You are always welcome

@srk006 It would have been helpful,if you have tested it with VISTA ( if you have it ),
instead of asking the programmer to test it in Vista. Visit his website.
DQUF (Dataone Quick Usage Finder ) was designed for and tested on Windows XP Professional SP2 with IE6/7. It should work without problems on all versions of Windows XP and Windows 2000 with IE6 or IE7.

I didn't have a problem in testing as I had Vista 🙂

Sunish

Sunish i am unable to connect through dataone quick usage finder. in the option tabs what will be the administrative url ?? i trid all but none of them is working.

I am having ip starting 117.x.. . When it ried the beta version, after entering the details and on update, the internal browser got stuck after the login page.. I tried several times ,but it showing the same. I am using Vista and i dont think it has to do any with it.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/9651/ssbh7.jpg

^^ This is where it stucks..