• Thread starter Thread starter fordac
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 3,703

fordac

Regular
ISP
AIRTEL
Hey my friends, There is a new firmware for SUN DTH STB. And i am installing it right now. Will let you know the details after upgrading.:yahoo:BAD NEWS FRIENDS. THE NEW FIRMWARE REMOVED THE OTHER SATELLITE INFORMATIONS. 🙁 :wall:THERE SEEMS TO BE AN IMPROVED PICTURE CLARITY AND SOUND (Only a slight difference). Other than these updates there is nothing new.

ya u r right..nothing special in this new firm ware...

dear all, now sound and picture quality is very good,,,,wait for some times , the quality will improve,,,

@OP:is the firmware version= 217:0:6 ?
there is no opentv software,or any app s/w update :S so what update are u talking about 🙄

also,I dont have NSS6 displayed in my STB menu.can i manually add that satellite?thank you.

@OP:is the firmware version= 217:0:6 ?
there is no opentv software,or any app s/w update :S so what update are u talking about 🙄

also,I dont have NSS6 displayed in my STB menu.can i manually add that satellite?thank you.
u can add satellite........goto transponder edit and then press red button and then add........enter 95.0E ku band and add transponders of nss6

Today at 2'0 clock while watching sun tv, a message is popped up saying 'analysing software' then updated new firmware automatically, but it deleted all favourites setup.

^can u share the version of software upgraded,pleasE? 🙂
is it 217:0:6 which upgrades IRDTe s/w?which i had from 4 days now :-|
you can check the version and other infos via remote:
Menu>Status>Card>Irdte status:
My STB info in brief(SN9000IR):
version-5.3
Loader version:1.03 217:0:6 OK L-6
IRD s/w : 1.13
OpenTV s/w : None
Appl s/w : 1.13
Driver s/w : 1.10

^^^^So,what about u ppl?Is that also ur status too?OR u got any upgrades 😕

So Answer please?Does ur card Status look as above?:wall:

version-5.3
Loader version:1.03 217:0:6 OK L-6
IRD s/w : 1.13
OpenTV s/w : None
Appl s/w : 1.13
Driver s/w : 1.10

Same as yours.

^So,nothing new 🙁

well, nothing to rejoice for the consumer, but definitely something was taken away. after I restarted the box, the channels are reordered. they are now grouped by language. but the problem is they removed the 'move' option in the "list" menu. that means you cant rearrange the channel order the way you want. I dont understand what they stand to gain by preventing the consumer doing this sort of grouping. may be it is genuine mistake. or they want to be PITA

move option is only available in favourites menu.Does any one know how to add satelite list in dish menu?

Hi Friends, Can you pls let me know how to upgrade to new firmware? I geuss my firmware version is .3. Recently my uncle got the new SUN DTH connection and the look and feel seems to be good. Then I realized that I have old firmware. When I tired to search for options to upgrade, but couldn't able to find out. Pls let me know the steps to upgrade. Thanks,