• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 10,353

rsatbf

Regular
ISP
BSNL
http://www.bsnlteleservices.com/2013/10/bsnl-fiber-broadband-plans-chennai.html
I read this today and couldn't find it on chennai.bsnl.co.in so wondering if anyone is aware of these 2 plans.
[color=rgb(17,17,17);font-family:'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, sans-serif;text-align:justify;background-color:rgb(255,255,255);]BSNL offers these new standalone Unlimited Fiber Broadband Plans(Fibro Home ULD 850 CS1 & Fibro Home ULD 1400 CS2) to Home users upto 4 Mbps bandwidth speed[/color]

I read this before as well, but did not post because I could not find an official source.
FTTH may be a plus, but price wise they are almost same as existing plans, if not slightly less favorable in terms of GB etc

Yes but the only advantage is that if you take this, you dont need a landline. It is a broadband only plan. Also hoping since it is FTTH, performance may be better?
I was considering taking a second BSNL connection due to FUP headache and so this fits the bill nicely. I can change my current plan to the night unlimited and take this for day to day work, browsing, emailing, youtube etc

Even if the new plans are true, I wonder if BSNL has really even started providing FTTH in Chennai. I recently checked at the CSC in my neighborhood for applying FTTH connection to my home and the rep told me Fiber broadband is given only to Offices and large apartment premises. It was immediately obvious to me that this person had no idea of the retail FTTH plans posted on their website. Does anyone got a Bsnl FTTH connection to their home in Chennai?

I will check with the BSNL office. It is very close to my house... Aunties may not know, will try though.

Its apparent their target is not the home user for the bigger segment - Its funny though that they feel home user has no real use above 15-20 GB...

Yes, BSNL is the ISP which used to have or still does have a webpage where they explained the countless things that could be done with 1GB per month!
I guess the majority of the internet users in rural and even in urban areas of India still use the internet just to check e-mails. No wonder the ISPs in India don't bother to cater to the minority of us who need more bandwidth.

Is FTTH available in the heart of Chennai? Who is the authorized officer of BSNL who could enlighten me about the FTTH plans, about feasibility of getting one at T. Nagar? What are the conditions laid down by BSNL therefor? How fast can I get it?

I think it is better to avoid FTTH from BSNL, most of the BSNL office people have not idea about what is FTTH and is it available for users. Wait for few more months when BSNL officially announces it.