New Exattnet Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter MrCCK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 4,669

MrCCK

ISP
MTNL and Nivyah
Exatt has done a complete restructuring of their plans.

http://www.xbroadband.in/html/schemes.htm

There is only a single speed option 256 kbps; this allegedly increases to 512 kbps between 11 pm and 9 am.

I renewed under the new plan; the only difference I noted was that the service was down from 10.30 pm onwards last night and started around 8 am today. Maybe they are doing some testing 🙄 Let's see how it works.

At the bottom of the schemes page; they mention a 20% recurring maintenance charge and 12.24% service charge. It is quite possible that exatt is trying to control the wide variation in prices quoted by distributers and cable operators. Ideally, this should mean that by adding around 30% to the rates quoted on the website, we should get the final price to be charged by the cable operator. However, I always end up paying exactly double the amount quoted on their site; this also happened yesterday. The middlemen are really killing exatt.

Is this the beginning of the end?

============================
23 Sep' 06 An update regarding speed:
Exattnet has delivered on its promised double speed.
My downloads were touching 60 Kbps this morning.
============================

MrCCK , it has been the same for me since the last 2 days. The connection went down after 11.00 pm and started in the morning. I live in mulund and pretty much satisfied with the service. Presently i'm using an 128 kbps connection.Exatt is a quality provider and people need to understand that whatever issues they have , originate from these middle operators who are cunts. Firstly these people are not properly trained and the service offered to the customer is pathetic. But you can't blame Exatt for roping in these cunts coz without them exatt would find it a hell lot difficult to make in roads. Without these middle operators , exatt would require a lot of capital to implement their service since they would have to do 99 % of the things on their own.It is not possible to get rid of middle men in most of the cases but bringing in regulations can help a lot in improving the service. The only reason cable operators got away with providing pathetic service to customers coz there was never a mechanism in place to which the operators would be answerable and secondly customers had no choice. I'm really pleased that DTH has finally taken off in India coz i'm 100% sure without the threat of DTH the cable operators would have continued with their horrible service. Now they know that they have competition and if they don't deliver , customers will move on to dth or some other service. The revolution is television has already begun and next will be broadband but it's upto the government to come up with a business model which can really propel high speed broadband connectivity in india.

its 11pm and there is no increase in speed!! bloody exatt is a big chor!!but i dont have any other option ethier...so i am stuck!

QUOTE(Rishikesh @ Sep 24 2006, 11:09 PM) [snapback]63186[/snapback]
its 11pm and there is no increase in speed!! bloody exatt is a big chor!!
but i dont have any other option ethier...so i am stuck!
[/b]

Rishi , if you are having an existing account you won't be able to enjoy the new speeds. The thread starter clearly mentioned that he renewed his account under the new scheme. So until you renew your account under the new scheme you won't be able to enjoy the upgrade.

Anyways i'm also looking forward to this thing when my pack expires at the end of this month.

i just got the a/c renewed yesterday!!Lets see if i get a speed increse tonight.... and the 50gb data transfer cap is a hopeless thing!!

QUOTE(Rishikesh @ Sep 25 2006, 02:05 PM) [snapback]63236[/snapback]
i just got the a/c renewed yesterday!!
Lets see if i get a speed increse tonight.... and the 50gb data transfer cap is a hopeless thing!!
[/b]

Hey, I assume you are using the 50 GB multiuser account; how much did you pay for it?

QUOTE(Rishikesh @ Sep 25 2006, 09:02 PM) [snapback]63263[/snapback]
1350/- for the 50gb multi user
[/b]

That's great; do you get it from exatt directly; my cable operator demands Rs. 1900/- for it.

Nope...get it from my cablewala....Now its 12am and the connection is down!! i get connected...can reach the xbroadband site...n a/c detials...but nothing else works!!man these exatt guys are the biggest chors!!

Ok , i renewed my account this morning and immediately headed to dslreports and this was the result :

dslreports.com speed test result on 2006-09-27 03:27:32 EST:
123 / 80
Your download speed : 123 kbps or 15.4 KB/sec.

Your upload speed : 80 kbps or 10 KB/sec.

Now i'm very disappointed and pissed. 123 kbps ffs ? I'm supposed to be having a 256 kbps connection and considering all the losses , i should be getting atleast 200 kbps. :angry: We consumers deserve much more than this pathetic stuff. I hope regulations are introduced in the broadband sector soon else it's going to be a very very long wait for a quality broadband connection.

India shining ? You must be taking the piss.

Fucking hell !!! I can't believe it. Was checking the download speed last night at about 11.50 pm and was absolutely stunned. I was getting a download speed of 60 Kbps average !!! I downloaded a 10 mb file in 2 mins. I almost had an orgasm watching such a speed.

Another thing is i again checked the speed on dsl reports and this was the result :

dslreports.com speed test result on 2006-09-28 00:30:30 EST:
221 / 97
Your download speed : 221 kbps or 27.7 KB/sec.

Your upload speed : 97 kbps or 12.2 KB/sec.

PS: Welcome to dslreports.com! Run more tests! see forums

Exatt's new scheme is awsome !!! 256 during the day and 512 kbps during the night with a download limit of 10 GB but i can live with that. 😛

QUOTE(amogh_gulwady @ Sep 29 2006, 01:33 PM) [snapback]63601[/snapback]
Post screenshots. 😛
[/b]

screenshot

http://imageshack.us

Sounds great. But I saw there is a 10 GB cap still, and on multiuser plans, a 50 GB cap. SO unfortunately it doesn't work out for me. But I am happy with Hathway 256 Full day at Rs.5585/- for 6 months. My PC is on for practically 24 hrs a day and I dl only 4.3 GB iso images. Have dl some 35 of them till now over last 4 months, and uptime is just fantastic. I get constant speeds of 24 to 28 KB/sec on torrents (of course it depends on seeders too, but with closed group torrent sites, speeds is never a problem) and uploads vary from 8 to 10 KB/sec, so if I keep torrent on for three or four days, dl is also done, and ratio is maintained . I am just waiting when will India come of age and when will we get 512 unlimited or 1 Mbps unlimited. Sweden is the most advanced in broadband, and one of my friends on swebits told me, 100 Mbps is the standard there, and the foremost provider is carrying out trials of 1 Gbps there. When I told him I am surviving on 256 Kbps, he was utterly surprised, and said that he thought that India must be one of pioneers in broadband, since it is considered IT hub in the world.