New Dataone connections are now on NIB-II

• Thread starter Thread starter SumitB1978
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 3,635

SumitB1978

ISP
BSNL
I got 2 new connections for Dataone. One for my office and one for my home. I have been allotted connections on the new National Internet Backbone - II (NIB II). The IP address allocated after logging in is in the series 152.x.x.xThe login name is on the domain @bsnl.in.Now my question. Does any one know how to login using the old dataone accounts? I have 3 more connections working elsewhere on the old NIB and the domains are @dataone.in. I can use the dataone logins from any dataone connection in the country on NIB I but cannot use them from the new NIB II connections and vice versa.Anyone tried this? Please put some light on the same. The Helpdesk people are clueless. They can't even tell the difference between the NIB I and II.

Is it really 152.xx.xx.xx? I thought it was 117.xx.xx.xxBSNL does something known as port-binding. Means the telephones lines are bound to a particular port of the DSLAM. These days every exchanges are having two types of DSLAMs. The old one and the new one for the older and newer subscribers respectively. @dataone.in accounts are bounded to the old machines. Hence when u dial to a old DSLAM using the newer credentials, the DSLAM may not recognise it. Because it is configured to accept requests from 59.xx.xx.xx only. That explains why u arent able to use the accounts.

My bad. It is 117.x.x.xI have inquired from the exchange people. They say no port binding done.Any way to verify this?

Another question. Is there any usage finder for the new NIB II accounts? The old DUF (Dataone Usage Finder) does not work on this!Regarding the port being locked to a single account, I am not able to use my new NIB II account with the old NIB I connection also.

The old DUF (Dataone Usage Finder) does not work on this!
Will not work. for Ip 117.xx.xx.xx The new usage program by BSNL is messy and has to stabilise. Take print out whenever you access the usage portal.
DUf DQUF DATAFOX & Shaplus Programmers need Portal ID / PW from new users, for testing/modifying the program/s.

I am not able to use my new NIB II account with the old NIB I connection also.
The telephone numbers are different.
Like the DIALUP Netone 172222connection BB is also locked to a particular telephone number.
( sancharnet dialup 172233 you can connect from anywhere )
As the VPI/VCI is same for both 0_35 you cannot program in ONE modem for different BSNL accts.If different ISP , it can be done.

My bad. It is 117.x.x.x

I have inquired from the exchange people. They say no port binding done.

Any way to verify this?

Portbinding is only a part of the story, read the rest of my entry. There are 2 different DSLAMs in the exchange....

Hi What's the Connection Speed for the new connections ?? 2 Mbps or more ??? pls revert back

for home plans max is 2mbps but you normally get around 1.6-1.7mbpsfor business plans max. is 8mbps but they are very costly & don't have 2-8AM free time slot.