• Thread starter halluc1nati0n
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 4
  • Views: Views 1,512
H

halluc1nati0n

ISP
Airtel
I'm based at Chennai...I'm currently with Airtel Broadband....:madness:If I want to opt for BSNL Dataone 256kbps (2GB limit plan -> 500 bux -> 2mbps night UL 2 to 8) .. How do I go about it?:ashamed:I already have an ethernet ready D-Link ADSL modem...Does it take 2 months? And I already do have a BSNL landline number...

D

desicooldude

ISP
BSNL DataOne UPTO 2Mbps
So u have the modem, just fill the dataone application and give ur modem to them, they will create an account and configure ur modem and u can have it in 2 days.

H

halluc1nati0n

ISP
Airtel
So u have the modem, just fill the dataone application and give ur modem to them, they will create an account and configure ur modem and u can have it in 2 days.
2 days???
You pretty sure about that? :yahoo:
I thought it took more like 2 months ???

EDIT: Btw, I got D-Link GLB 502t -> It works fine wid BSNL rite?

J

jackrabbit

Arrive.Raise Hell.Leave.
ISP
BSNL
@Hallucination: Yeah you heard it right, it will take 2 months. Because it does not matter whether you have modem or not. what matters is the allocation of port to you.BSNL released around some 20K ports for Chennai, if i am not wroing, which will allocated to waiting list Dataone applications. So maybe you can try yor luck. Phone conection from BSNL takes only 3 to 4 days, if climate conditions are good. Yes 502T-D-Link modem will work fine with Dataone.

H

halluc1nati0n

ISP
Airtel
@Hallucination:
Yeah you heard it right, it will take 2 months. Because it does not matter whether you have modem or not. what matters is the allocation of port to you.BSNL released around some 20K ports for Chennai, if i am not wroing, which will allocated to waiting list Dataone applications. So maybe you can try yor luck. Phone conection from BSNL takes only 3 to 4 days, if climate conditions are good. Yes 502T-D-Link modem will work fine with Dataone.

Thanx Jack! :confused:
The connexion is for Chennai btw! And.. Hows that 256kbps (2GP cap) plan now for Night Unlimited (2-8 -> 2mbps) in Chennai?
What realistic speeds do you get (in Chennai - between 2am to 8am)?
There's no downtime with Airtel - but no 2mbps plans as such... :madness:
That's why contemplating a move to BSNL...