New connection is never going to get installed.

• Thread starter Thread starter aleeah
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,960
ISP
ACT
I have taken ACT fibernet connection on 12 May. When I called ACT sales person to enquire about the broadband plans, he called me numerous times and convinced me to pay the amount and take connection and told me that he will get it installed in next 2 days.
After that I did not get any call from him. I called him on 14 May to send somebody for installation but nobody came. On insisting, somebody came on 15th May. They checked something and said there is no setup-box available so we will come tomorrow. After that, he did not pick my phone call, After numerous calls to customer care, finally they raised a request (Request number - SR10156707800020) and told that installation will be done before 8pm on May 19.

Again on calling multiple times to customer care, May 17th some one came and installed a setup box. Since no one came even by evening of May 19, when i tried to reach out to customer care on May 19 enquire , they were very rude and told that its not 8pm and stay put it will be done.

After that every time when I call customer care to get updates on my request, they just replying that " we escalated your issue, we highlighted your issue, a technician will call you with in 4 hours" and now they seem to hanging up.

Its been more than 7 days now and I did not get any response on my connection. I have even emailed to nodal and appellate authority, everyone seems to be way to busy to respond.

After numerous calls to customer care center, I seem to have rather lost my peace of mind with these constant unproductive follow-ups. Looks like their job is only to extort money from customers and once amount is paid, they just dismiss any request to process on the issue. Customer care department has no idea how to handle about the issue, or rather I should say, they do not even maintain a proper worklog or communicate with the concerned department and escalate the issue, or work on the bridging the gap between end-user and concerned department. All they do is just give false commitments in repeat.

I hope they will understand the concern and take some strict action on this.

Location?

You don't need to follow up with them again and again, just register a complaint on National Consumer Helpline using Umang App or by calling on NCH toll free number (Google about it if you dont know what NCH is). My Jio Fiber ONT stopped working during lockdown, even after 2 months of complaints with customer care they were not replacing it. I just registered a complaint on NCH and they came rushing to my house and replaced my ONT with a better one within few days.