• Thread starter Thread starter Rahul Mitra
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 10,572
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
BSNL EVDO
I recently got BSNL EVDO connection and i recharged rs 20 using paytm.com it was successful and i got 6 month extended validity, next i tried to recharge rs 55 1 day pack and transaction failed, next i tried 100 rs top up it failed too. i used data card option when tried to recharge in all the three cases. please help me with it i am totally new to EVDO.
Should i use mobile section instead of datacard and then stv?

Paytm never works for 55rs pack for me..About topup,i used paytm for 2 months for recharging 100rs and used the gen next cdma portal for activating 55rs packs..it is actually not for 1 day .it is valid for 2 days ie until next day midnight 3am.Since 2 days back paytm doesnt work for me too (chennai circle)..it doesnt even go to the payment page.It says,some error occured and asks to try again later.Try from a local recharge shop who has bsnl gsm recharge..worked for me.My local shop wala wasnt aware of bsnl cdma..but it still worked .And in paytm you have to use mobile prepaid section.For net boosters use STV and for balance use top up option.

So what you are saying is i can recharge with 55 stv (2days pack) for evdo through local shop that recharges bsnl gsm?

No bro..I havent tried that.I usually recharge for 100 rs and use 55 rs pack twice .Bsnl gennext cdma portal charges 48.95 rs for 55rs pack (no service tax if used from portal).Edit:freerecharge.in worked for me just now for a 100rs topup.Try it.But the portal works only for south zone numbers i think.Where are u from?

I am from chattisgarh, and how do i use gennext cdma portal after i have 100 rs topup?
the site says "This is not a prepaid CDMA number" for my cdma/evdo number
BTW my number starts with 9190...

Im sorry bro.
Portal.is only for south zone numbers i beleive..
Do you know of any other way to activate packs via sms?
For me it never worked.
Try this :

I could try it via sms, problem is i cant even get to recharge it, in paytm.com i tried both mobile and datacard section all failed except for 20 rs validity recharge
even tried easyrecharemobile.com failed too.

As i mentioned 2 posts earlier
Paytm and easymobilerecharge did not work for me too today.
But freecharge.in worked 🙂 check it out bro.
I had a 10 rs discount coupon on freecharge.in expiring today so just tryed a 20 buck recharge and it worked instantly.
Confirmation i got on email :

thanks, finally got the recharge rs 55. 🙂 just one problem i am not using datacard instead i am using evdo mobile samsung sch s239 and whenever i connect it goes to 1x network 🙁
could it be that BSNL has not activated EVDO on my number or its just my mobile's problem

i have bot new EVDO data card while i connecting it goes to cdma 1x network and connected. i asked the bsnl they are not able to rectify anyone having solution for that. iam from chennai

When you bought the sim did you specify them to activate evdo? If not i guess you have to do that..Only when it is enabled you will be able to use it ..

Rahul Mitra said:
thanks, finally got the recharge rs 55. 🙂 just one problem i am not using datacard instead i am using evdo mobile samsung sch s239 and whenever i connect it goes to 1x network 🙁
could it be that BSNL has not activated EVDO on my number or its just my mobile's problem
Had the same problem. Visit the nearest BSNL CSC and tell them about the problem.
I got the number of the local person in charge of the CDMA/EVDO and he promptly told me he will get this fixed soon.
He called me back in about two hours of calling him and told me he fixed it. It worked like a charm!

ok thank you i am going to try visiting service centre, i hope they solve this problem, btw it is not due to my evdo cell phone but because some problem from BSNL side right?
cmsivasubramanian said:
When you bought the sim did you specify them to activate evdo? If not i guess you have to do that..Only when it is enabled you will be able to use it ..
Actually i had to go to service centre twice because they charged me rs 40 for cdma ruim which i figured was not evdo activated, and i had to give 350 rs again next day to activate evdo on same number, i am confused if they activated evdo or not but there is no outgoing or incoming facility on this sim so i guess they did activate evdo.

cmsivasubramanian said:
they said it is activated but iam unable to connect in HSIA mode. Now they ask me bring the modem to head office flower bazaar. let me see

gopi said:
they said it is activated but iam unable to connect in HSIA mode. Now they ask me bring the modem to head office flower bazaar. let me see
same here only gets connected in 1x mode if you find a solution please post it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.