new client released

Yes, sify is fairly tolerant on the antivirus issue ... else search the forum for ways to byp@$$ that 😉Though a word of advise, norton isnt really good, infact it's bad. There is a thread on good antivirus and firewall software, go through it. My recommendation - AVG 7.0 Free ... its freeware, and in the words of the Oreilly's PC hacks author - after changing to AVG, one feels as if one has doubled the RAM & upgraded the processor 😉Other good ones - Kaspersky, PC-Cillin

How about AntiVir 🙂. I have yet to try it but I hear it's good. Also heard that NOD32, another AV is very good.

prasannsimha, it appears that the client is actually hosted on the server where we log in that is, the SAM server, which appears to be different for different people .

Apparently only customers attached to a particular SAM server can access it. So you just substitute your SAM server ip which you'll find in the file BBand.ini under C:\Windows\Program Files\Sify Broadband\ in the URL http://202.144.105.93:81/test/SifyBroadband_2.52.EXE to download the updated client.

takes 5 attempts for first login. logs me out after 9-10 hrs without any reasons.

Funny. I am able to log in at once. Sushubh what exactly happens when your log in attempts don't succeed? Do you get any error messages? In my case it did log me out automatically after I was logged in with no data transfer for around 8 hours yesterday. I got the "Log-off Failure. Invalid Session" message when I tried to log out normally after those 8 hours but I was immdeiately able to re-log back in after getting rid of that message.

Well me too have to login and logoff two three times to let my connection work, else i fail to open any website. :s

I was good until they released a remote upgrade few days ago. here's a solution for the auto-logout & the mem usage problem of the sify client: after you login with there client, just do ctrl+alt+del and in the processes, end the bbclient.exe process. its the best way. been doing it for months.

Originally posted by Fred@Nov 26 2004, 04:53 PM
I kill pstores.exe along with bbclient.
[snapback]2457[/snapback]
[/quote]
pstores should have no effect on logout.

Removing the client from memory might not have an effect on the auto log off feature. But it will save you memory since after logging in it's not needed for anything except logging out. Yeah, how do you guys log out if you kill the client ?! Maybe you don't bother to log out LOL.