New BSNL Broadband plans from December 2018 with daily fair usage data limits

• Thread starter Thread starter kaura
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 147
  • Views Views 27,217
Went to the main BSNL office in our area along with the printouts of the latest bills
generated for the broaband and the voice line (2 connections).

What I gleaned from the officers there was that the voice line was automatically
upgraded pan India from FMC Urban 240 to FMC Urban 299 on 1st of December 2018.
So the voice calls on the voice only plan are free for all users across India.

As regards to the broadband connections, since after the plan changes few of the older
plans are missing, they have allowed people to remain on old plans unless the users
themselves ask for migration. I was asked to fill up a form to migrate to the new 299 plan.

I decided not to rake up the issue and paid the extra Rs. 75/- charged for the voice calls.
Will refrain from using non-BSNL calls on the 249 broadband plan.

I already get 8 Mbps upto 1.5 Gb per day on the 249 plan. The only issue is the Rs. 300/-
calls to other networks.

In effect I save Rs. 59 per month (including 18% GST) leading to annual savings of Rs. 708/-
I already have another BSNL and Airtel Landline offering unlimited free calls to all
networks along with a JIO phone offering the same deal on mobile.

I got the bill now (for December 2018). I was on 249 plan for a few months. The plan was changed to 299 on or around December 1, 2018, automatically by BSNL. Now, I checked the bill to find that I was charged only 249 + taxes.

The FUP limit is the same. But, 300 free calls to other networks seems to be cut-off as I was charged Rs 7.2 (+ taxes) for calls to other networks.

Anyone else with similar bill (249 + taxes)?
Is the FUP limit as per old plan or per day 1.5gb.

25GB at 8mbps, then 1mbps. It was monthly limit.

Unlimited free calls to BSNL network, just like 249 plan.

i am in a very big trouble and problem due to this recent change of plans.i subscribed to netflix and Amazon prime and used to connect my wifi to smart tv and watch tv with my parents.now due to daily limits my bb speed gets greatly reduced and picture quality starts buffering and my parents not able to watch tv serials and news properly.i dont use bsnl landline for calls just for internet.now i need to get cable connection back but it possible only from 1st of next month.

CAN anyone tell me anywhere i can get full speed and 20 days more of happy browsing just for humanitarian grounds ?