New BSNL Broadband plans from December 2018 with daily fair usage data limits

• Thread starter Thread starter kaura
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 147
  • Views Views 27,244
How can i check the attainable rate in D-Link 2750u,i have the 2750u one new and one old modem,in the new one I can’t find that parameter anywhere,does anybody have any idea.

I recently installed a new broadband connection at my office with plan 291 which provides 20mbps speed however my line profile was set to 2mbps downstream and 512kbps upstream with snr 40 downstream and 12 upstream and attenuation is 12,i called up the jto who increased my downstream rate to 8mbps and said thats what you can get but I doubt that because my snr was 40 and it dropped to 15 when the line rate was increased to 8mbps.
Now the question is that why the snr dropped so much and why my upstream snr is so low as it should have been around 40 as well and also the attainable rate is around 11mbps whereas it should have been 20mbps plus and also i have seen my neighbours have an upstream snr around 25 with attenuation 17.

^ create a new thread, my friend. Or search the forum. There are plenty of threads with similar question (with answers).

Now, BSNL has changed the name of the plan from price-based naming scheme to daily-fup-based naming scheme. For example, 675 plan is now called as 5GB plan. 999 plan is now called as 15GB plan. Ref: http://www.bsnl.co.in/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/broadband/BB_plans_speed.html

I get 1 MBPs straight and I have 675 plan Upto 10 Mbps till 5 GB/day, Upto 2 Mbps beyond! I am really waiting for Jio Fiber.

I recently installed a new broadband connection at my office with plan 291 which provides 20mbps speed however my line profile was set to 2mbps downstream and 512kbps upstream with snr 40 downstream and 12 upstream and attenuation is 12,i called up the jto who increased my downstream rate to 8mbps and said thats what you can get but I doubt that because my snr was 40 and it dropped to 15 when the line rate was increased to 8mbps.
Now the question is that why the snr dropped so much and why my upstream snr is so low as it should have been around 40 as well and also the attainable rate is around 11mbps whereas it should have been 20mbps plus and also i have seen my neighbours have an upstream snr around 25 with attenuation 17.
i have figured it out as i am on adsl max G 992.1 modulation,that only supports upto 8mbps,have already complained to change my dslam port to adsl 2+ modulation

I got my port changed in dslam yesterday but since than i am not able to connect to internet,JTO says everything is fine from there,does anybody know what can be the reason

Give more details about what you mean by "not able to connect to internet" ?

Is you modem ADSL light steady or blinking? Does you modem show IP address allocated but you are unable to browse on PC?

etc

Maybe something to do with your recent change in settings (g.dmt versus adsl2+) - switch setting in modem back to g.dmt and try?

I already tried all the modes and automatic as well,I can’t figure it out but i think after changing the port they must hav to bind it with a username and password and they didn’t do that,well that’s a rough guess i am making.
The JTO posted here is a dumb and useless person,he doesn’t have any knowledge about the broadband he even doesn’t know what is adsl and adsl 2 plus,i dont know whom should i contact now to find out the issue