New BSNL Broadband Plans for Chennai

Hi, Iddayakkani, i believe that BSNL would provide the maximum to users. In this direction only, they announced the speed increase. But the medium thro copper may be a reason for the most speed experience.

I am installed with new copper wire and speed max 10 Mbps only.if your concern is about speed fluctuation then you should make complaint in twitter.bsnl infra is old they can't give 20mbps to all users.it will increase load

Hi, I also experince the real speed of 10 around mbps. I am clarifying on dsl line rate with danish.
I found speed fluctuations in the 10 mbps speed and found fluctuating line rates, even when i contacted the technical staff. I am not making complaint to bsnl but getting technical details . When i had 1091 plan also i was experiencing the same speed as now. Recently i had changed to drop wire and also changed my plan to 699. The difference in both the plan is only the Fup. I changed because, i am a user and 700 gb is a boon to me like a home user.
So the crux of the Danish point, is once they fix the line rate, it will not fluctuate, This is the point of clarification i need.
See the link :
adsll speed and distance

Idhayakani

Hope you belong to Kalmandapam Exchange, recently they changed the wire before 2 days, but it not copper, it a aluminium wire ( From DP Box to Splitter).
Do they provide the copper wire or you itself puchased it ?.

Brother, snr will decrease according to distance but linerate is fixed most of the time. I am telling you this from my 5 years of experience. If you don't agree then it's up to you.
Once I also had the same problem my line rate kept on changing. Sometimes it was 4098kbps and sometimes it was some random number. After several complains they checked the line and finally changed dslam port.
I agree that linerate also changes as you change the modulation mode. But I get Max linerate on adsl 2+. Gdmt is mostly used when there connection is not stable.
By the way do you get any adsl random disconnections?. If that is the case then it is mostly dslam port or line joints problem.

Last edited:
You can't just have your port changed. If there is any fault in the port they first repair and if the problem resists then they change it from their side. All we can do is complain again and again if the problem resists.

Idhayakani

Hope you belong to Kalmandapam Exchange, recently they changed the wire before 2 days, but it not copper, it a aluminium wire ( From DP Box to Splitter).
Do they provide the copper wire or you itself puchased it ?.
I am using bsnl only for my office not in my home.i used bsnl connection from 2005 to 2017.i faced lot of issues.i waited for other is log time.finally cheerinet came.changed to cherrinet before 1 year.This year bsnl introduced some new plans in cheap rate like 491 plan.so decided to switch to bsnl before one month.They tortured me to go there meet a.e,meet line man like that.so i thought cheerinet is better so continuing this till now.currently using bsnl 99 plan for my office that's all.There they have given new copper wire.i didn't purchase wires.bsnl only gave. My office and home are two different places.my home bsnl service very bad.my office its good.

Hi, danish, I expeience this fixed line rate only after changing the plan. I thought the network traffic is influencing the speed that we get, but now learnt a term line rate, which is noted in the operational dsl in my D-Link router.
I am using dlink 2730 u latest router
What about the annex L and M Settings, are they sub of adsl2+?
I also had a recent port change after which my internet is stable and speed maintained.
Could you say a little more about dslam port change.I heard individual lines are connected to the dslam exchange . Then those lines from dslam connected to main line.
Does the port change means, the old line is connected to a new unused user lilne? or is that different.
I would like to hear from you as there is little link available to know the things academically.
Expect rclarifications on annex and port change

Got these flyers from BSNL in my parents place in Nagercoil (Kanyakumari Dist). BSNL is partnering with local cable operators to provide FTTH connection.

Plan Details:
Rs 777 (50 Mbps, 500 GB FUP after 2 Mbps, Free calls, no installation charges)
Rs 1277(100 Mbps, 750 GB FUP after 2 Mbps, Free calls, no installation charges)

Looks like BSNL is preparing for Jio.

cCEM8l5.jpg

5Np9VC6.jpg

@Ashraf

No this is not in Chennai, in South TamilNadu. I guess they may announce something similar in Chennai. This is the only way BSNL can compete with other Broadband providers.

I don't know why bsnl need to collaborate with local operators for ftth.small providers like act, hathway,chettinad are expanding easily with their employees.one of large public sector company bsnl need private players????

Hi, danish, please see the flulctuations after a 2 day steady line rate download speed
Adsl Line Status SHOWTIME.L0
Adsl Mode ADSL2+
Channel Mode Interleave
Up Stream 621 kbps
Down Stream 11337 kbps(previously it was 12495)
Attenuation Down Stream 31
Attenuation Up Stream 19
SNR Margin Down Stream 7.3
SNR Margin Up Stream 20.9
Vendor ID RETK
Firmware Version 4926e708
CRC Errors 87
Up Stream BER 0e-7
Down Stream BER 15e-7
Up Output Power 12
Down Output Power 19
ES 1800