New Broadband User

AjitWadekar

Hi

I am very new Broadband User in Pune. Spped seems to be OK. Altough I am not able to check my usage. The guy who came for installtion told me to goto www.airtel.in but when I go there and click on Registration (At the bottom of the Page), a new page comes up but it says, I wont be able to Register because they are "upgrading" the System.
I called the Customer Service and they said, Yes thats right, they are upgrading the System and I wont be able to register for next 3 Weeks

Do I have any other option so that I can check my Usage?

Thanks

Ajit

You didn't mention which plan u've opted for. They've been upgrading the site for the past month or so. Didn't know it takes so long 😛 Am guessing you've taken a limited data transfer plan. In which case u should talk to the customer care ppl; they must be having the records with them even though they're not showing on the site at the moment.

The earlier format for usage records on the site was time and pulse based which was as good as useless. Hope they're finally fixing that. In the meantime u can use a bandwidth monitor tool to get a rough idea of ur usage. Google for DUMeter, BWMeter or NetMeter. Keep in mind, they won't be 100% accurate. NetMeter is the only free app among the 3, so grab that from http://readerror.gmxhome.de, but keep crosschecking with CC from time to time if possible to be on the safe side.

So we can not check our usage thorough Air tel website , and every time v shd call CC to find our usage status.?? is this true?how is the situation with BSNL , can we check dataone usage there ??

So we can not check our usage through Airtel website , and every time v shd call CC to find our usage status?[/b]

For the moment, yea till they're done upgrading the site. Or u could try a bandwidth monitoring tool and keep tabs urself. But then why go in for a limited data transfer plan in the first place when they're offering unlimited plans starting at 699/month. That way you ppl won't have to worry abt any silly download limits and what ur next bill would be like.