New Broadband Service Provider

• Thread starter Thread starter 3pleplay
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 9,005

3pleplay

ISP
3pleplay
A new broadband service provider is starting broadband internet services in India. It will be providing broadband services using the cable television network. It uses DOCSIS 3.0 technology to provide high speed internet service. The following are the proposed unlimited broadband plans. Would like the feedback from users in this regards.Lite Plan - 256Kbps (Day time)/512Kbps (Night time) - 699/-Basic Plan - 512Kbps (Day time)/1Mbps (Night time) - 999/-Standard Plan - 1Mbps (Day time)/2Mbps (Night time) - 1499/-Turbo Plan - 2Mbps (Day time)/4 Mbps (Night time) - 1999/-Extreme Plan - 4Mbps (Day time)/8Mbps (Night time) - 2999/-

I top out at 2500. According to me 50$ is the most a home user should pay for internet, provided he/she gets decent speeds. Its hard to justify anything more.

to be honest i feel even these rates are a bit high. 256kbps @ 500, 512kbps @ 750, 1mbps @ 1000, etc would be fine.

Great plans, I can stress test your connections if ur looking for free beta users 🙂 lol

id buy the 1499 plan or 1999 plan provided there are no additional costs or hidden charges or anything like that...

We're cheaper.

We're cheaper.

but they are unlimited too

i would take the 3000 plan,OP when is this ISP launching

but they are unlimited too

i would take the 3000 plan,OP when is this ISP launching

We do 5mbit/s flat-rate at less than they do 4mbit/s. Our 2mbit/s day, 5mbit/s night plan is the same price as their 2mbit/s plan.

If we were to launch a 2mbit/s plan, it would be at about the same price as their 1mbit/s plan. Otherwise, the slower services don't compare.

What is the contention ratio?Is this only downstream speeds or would it be up/down stream speeds?

We do 5mbit/s flat-rate at less than they do 4mbit/s. Our 2mbit/s day, 5mbit/s night plan is the same price as their 2mbit/s plan.

If we were to launch a 2mbit/s plan, it would be at about the same price as their 1mbit/s plan. Otherwise, the slower services don't compare.

when i asked you if you could do a flat rate howmuch ever you download at 10-20mbps,you denied saying 100mbps will only be there with 200gb limit.

when i asked you if you could do a flat rate howmuch ever you download at 10-20mbps,you denied saying 100mbps will only be there with 200gb limit.

No. I said *at that price* you would get a 200GB limit. We do have flat-rate 10, 20, 50 and 100mbit/s plans but they're not

No. I said *at that price* you would get a 200GB limit. We do have flat-rate 10, 20, 50 and 100mbit/s plans but they're not

yeah but you said speed either 100mbps of 10mbps doesn't matter the price for 200gbs will be Rs.3000

and cause the OP's plans of 4mbps/8mbps Rs.2999 can download upto around 2000gbs.Would you provide it.

So can get an 8mbps with 300gb plan?

Let me clarify it for you again. It costs us roughly the same to deliver data at 1mbit/s 10mbit/s or 100mbit/s. Ergo, 200GB of data as you had requested here View Profile: mgcarley - India Broadband Forum is the same no matter what speed we deliver it at - 1mbit/s, 10mbit/s or 100mbit/s. Therefore, we consider that there is no point in artificially limiting the speed for our data plans.

Had you been asking about our flat-rate plans, the answer would be different. Flat-rate or "unlimited" plans are worked out on the basis that the average customer will download only so much. I can guarantee you that NO ISP will be happy if you utilize 2TB of bandwidth and will probably do whatever they can to stop it from happening, even though the connection is capable of that in theory.

We have EITHER data plans whereby the data limits are clearly defined but speed is not restricted (the costs of which I have already described to you) OR flat-rate plans whereby the speed is restricted but the data limits are not there. Please check Powered by Google Docs for more information. I would suggest a 10mbit/s flat-rate plan for you, or a 5/10 night booster plan.

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

And I apologize to the original poster for hijacking his thread.