• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,999

wecaz

Traveller
ISP
Airtel Broadband
Dear Friends,

I found replies to the queries in the forum very helpful. I am going to take a new connection HOME 500C+ plan. I have few simple queries, I hope you can help me sorting them out. Thanks in advance

1. If I want to switch from current plan to some another plan before 3 months, is this possible? Any money loss, hidden costs involved?

2. Initially if I take modem TYPE-I on rent and later I want to use TYPE-IV, would it be possible? If yes, will I loose some money, as security deposit etc.? Is there any speed reduction due to different modem type and port used?

3. I believe telephone rental is included in my plan HOME 500C+, what will be the call charges? Which will be my calling plan?

4. If bsnl provide me an phone set instrument, how much they will be charging? Do I have an option not to take their phone set to avoid these charges? I already have one phone instrument.

5. Initially BSNL has asked to deposit Rs.500 with form submission. Other charges will be in first bill. I am expecting following charges, please correct me if I am wrong.

ONE TIME CHARGES
Broadband one month advance rental 600 [Refundable]
Modem security deposit 500 [Refundable]
Installation charges 250 [Non-Refundable]
Registration fee 100 [Non-Refundable]
Advance adjustment -500

MONTHLY CHARGES
Broadband rental 600
Modem rental type-I 60
Outgoing calls(no calls) 0
-----------------------
Total 1610
Taxes extra
-----------------------

@wecaz Are you getting BSNL or MTNL broadband connection ?
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.
I think under "oneIndia plan" the telephone rental is lowest.,
You have mentioned Home500C+ So you are in Delhi where BSNl is available.
You select 500C or 500C+ depending on your telephone usage.
BSNL gives only Type 1 usually. If you opt for a higher plan and pay extra security three months limit may not apply.
Phone no extra rent charged. Take it.

If you rent a modem , 50% of the rental paid will be discounted if you buy the SAME modem at a later date. ( say after one year )

Thanks for the reply. I am taking connection at my home in UP, not in New Delhi, thats why bsnl. I will be getting connection in a week's time. I want to know what is the default call rate plan in Home 500 C+, as there is no phone rental charged. I don't use this phone for outgoing as I have another reliance phone for phone requirements. I need to know about phone set charges, as I have one already. I may not take new set.Please answer my queries in the light of above. Request you to go through my post again, if possible. and information about my first bill.Thanks in advance.

Welcome to U.P. (West) Telecom Circle

Haryana Telecom Circle Ambala

One India landline plan from 1st November 2006.

The monthly rental is further reduced to a price of Rs. 180/month, with increased free calls. The subscriber can now make 50 free calls per month as against 25 calls earlier.

For all these customers the local calls will be @ Rs. 1/- per 3 minutes instead of Rs. 1.20 per 3 minutes. The intra-circle STD calls will be @ Rs. 1/- per minute etc etc