New broadband charges

ISP
Reliance
Hi!!
I am from Kolkata, I am planing to go for BSNL Broadband & I dont have any Landline connection at my place, so can somebody please tell me what would be the charges for getting one Broadband connection from BSNL & how much time does it take to provide this connection. I already spoke with one of the BSNL Representative & they informed me that initially you have to pay Rs. 500 as Installation charge while submitting the BSNL Broadband form & later you have to Pay one month Rental as security deposit this security deposit is Refundable & it will come in your first Broadband Bill. I have just heard from some of my friend that the Installation charges can be waived off if you install your broadband by your own. Is it true??? I will be gowing for Home 500C Plan & I was been informed that there is no charges for the modem. Modem is absolutely free. Please help me out for knowing the exact charges & any other hidden cost for taking BSNL Broadband for KOLKATA Circle.

Do not opt for self install if you are not an expert. Let BSNL do the initial settings.

----------

Details of initial charges

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.

modem is free for home 500 plan??really? installation process is not that difficult frankly speaking.. if your willing to do it by yourself and save 500 bucks , then people here at the forums can surely help you!! ..
to give you an idea , say you have the ut300r2u , then all you do is follow steps 1 to 10 in this tutorial UT-300R2U ADSL MODEM MULTIUSER CONFIGURATION and your done!! if you feel , you can follow this tutorial then you should be fine!! ofcourse , you can always ask here , if you have any doubts/problems