New Airtel Xstream Fibre Broadband Connection Queries

• Thread starter Thread starter coolnikk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 58
  • Views Views 18,971
Thank you! Will surely ask them to place it in the centre of the house then. Had ACT before but they didn't budge hence was in doubt.

Airtel installation process should be a nice surprise for you in comparison. How a professional company deals with instalation even though it's outsourced for many years now.

UPDATE: The team came today to install but was unable to do so due to a "tight wire" in my apartment's cable duct. They are charging a hefty 2600 for laying it in my house. So I guess I will get a refund from Airtel 🙁

UPDATE: The team came today to install but was unable to do so due to a "tight wire" in my apartment's cable duct. They are charging a hefty 2600 for laying it in my house. So I guess I will get a refund from Airtel 🙁

What you're talking about is Underground wiring which generally any company doesn't perform. Get it installed openly is the only option if you want free wiring.

@djxtwicee is it the salesperson who asks the installation charges or the service person?

Anyway, if you ever decide to pay, try to ask them to include it in the next bill. If they can't include in the next bill, they are probably trying to quote a higher amount than the actual cost.

If I were you, I'd happily pay it considering what it provides after the installation. I'd just make sure to get at least a bill for the all the cash payments made during the installation.

No the issue apparently is in the cable duct for all wires that go from the common telecommunications shaft in the tower to my house. The wire is tight so they are unable to pull their fiber cable due to it. The engineer who came to install it said that and they (Airtel) doesn't even do that service. But I am considering paying to fix the situation up once and for all. Plus, since it is FTTH, should be worth it.

Even the salesperson seemed confused as to what to do since he said hey usually don't face problems like this in my apartment complex.

Hi everyone, just an update. I have got it installed from 3 days ago. Speed is mostly around the plan. Installation wasn't clean at all with the engineers refusing to install the termination point and ONT on the wall, so it is just lying around. No, issues, will fix that myself. One problem though, the ONT+router they are providing now is some bad china made unbranded one called BDT121. The Huawei one has been discontinued it seems. This one's range is good only within visible distance, else the speed drops to a mere 2-10 mbps. 🙁 But thanks to all those who gave the tips here.

Again they change the ONT ?

First they had non-WiFi Huawei, then WiFI Included Huawei and now this. Seems very similar to the path taken when deployment of VDSL (vFiber), where they had Huawei first and later on Binatone.

Can you share a picture of this ONT @djxtwicee ?

@arjitc This is the china made ONT+router
qTzE1Ua.jpg

GnzK9xt.jpg

Just in case anyone was curious, this is the installation that they have done 🙁 All the temporary holding plugs were provided by me.

b1oaOQA.jpg

Today Airtel linemen cum tech people installing fiber in a new area confirmed that within 3 months, they will replace all DSL lines in Lucknow with fiber and my area will be converted by November 1st week, but I am taking it with a pinch of salt and expect 1-2 months; however, this new ONT+router is giving me new headaches.