New Airtel Xstream Fibre Broadband Connection Queries

coolnikk

Hi guys,

So after banging my head with the bsnl ftth people and not getting any satisfactory resolution for the same (daily data cap on ftth), i have decided to go for airtel ftth.

My society provides 3 ftth connections Bsnl , act and airtel (jio coming soon hopefully).After posting on bsnl forums, i was advised that airtel is the lesser evil and much better than act.
Now im already using my own router R7800 with custom vox firmware and other stuff, so question is does airtel provide a separate ip or they do the same bullshit like act (double nat, one ip among several users).

1.) I hear they are giving custom huawei 8145v ONT+ wifi router with 100mbps plans.So, if anyone has used this router, how easy is it to set bridge mode on this modem as i would prefer my router to handle everything.

2.) How is the after sales support ?

3.) Quality of connection ?

4.) i will be going for minimum 800Gb plans so its either 100 or 300 mbps plan IDK.However what speeds are 300 mbps users getting ?

My flat does have a white box which has the OLT wire drawn (previous tenants were using airtel).So pretty much instantaneous installation.

pothi

Airtel provides public IP. No double NAT. ACT provides public IP too, but with extra payment.

Best after sales service among the private ISPs.

I am not qualified to answer other questions for obvious reasons. :giggle::giggle::giggle:

coolnikk

Best after sales service airtel or act ?
Well if you say act (presumably) then are so many people bashing act on the forum ?

D

Deleted member 63558

1. Airtel doesn't have Double NAT on any of their Internet Services. They have the maximum IP Ranges in India and they give public IP only.

2. You can use any of your router as the Access Point to handle the DHCP but doing the authentication of the connection? I'm not sure. I would rather let the official modem to do the authentication for the easy troubleshooting and less of customer side issue pointing.

Airtel would point your router for all the issues. So keep that in mind if you do bridge. AP > Bridge.

3. Airtel is the best FTTH this country has seen so far. Jio FTTH is a joke. If FTTH is concerned, there is nothing better than Airtel.

4. You should get the speed 300/8=37 Mb/s if you are on ethernet (Cat 5e or Cat 6). You won't get that same speed on WiFi even if you use Google Fiber.

Last edited by a moderator:

coolnikk

Can anyone share the image for the new airtel ftth router huawei 8451 ?
I did see it in some thread but i cant remember the same.

coolnikk

Ayee im getting the nokia router, as they have stopped providing the alcatel one completely.Can any kind soul pls post the image of the huawei 8451 router provided by airtel so i can show the same to them and hopefully get the same.

It was posted in some thread but now i just cant seem to find the same.

Also my router does outright support ap/ bridge / full routing at the click of button.But i would prefer to run everything directly through my router in bridge mode.So is the same possible with the nokia router ?

vishalrao

The Global Village Idiot
Search youtube for "airtel ftth" and the first couple of videos show demo of the Huawei router/modem.