New Airtel Broadband connection...

• Thread starter Thread starter shouvik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 9,344
ISP
Airtel
I am planning to get the Airtel Broadband thingy, can u guys plz help me by giving me a little guidance like how much initially will I have to invest and wot is the cost of the unlimited pack etc,thanx in advance 🙂

installation is around 1500 bucks. 64kbps is 600 bucks 128kbps is 1100 bucks. minimum charges per month is around 250 bucks. modem rental is around 99 bucks. i think the official website would be a more accurate source of information.

Thanx 4 the info 🙂tell me is the unlimited pack really unlimited? or there is some hidden conditions in it like SIFY. I mean can I really download unliimited data in that pack?

well yeah. it is REALLY unlimited. and none of the ports here in gurgaon are blocked. except for my torrent client saying that their is NAT problem. but downloads are fine. get anything from close to 14-16KBps all the time. there are absolutely no downtimes and telephone quality is pretty cool.also... take the USB modem if u want to run a webserver or ftp server. LAN Modem if you want the convinience of always on internet.

Anybody has tel no's or email id of any senior executive at Airtel ?Their call centre dodo's are a confused lot. The website mentions that the connection is available at my place but they deny it. I would like to confirm the same from someone higher up.

i think the people at the lower levels know it better! look for their boxes in ur area. and check with the PCOs nearby if airtel is available in ur area. they cannot provide broadband without a telephone connection. and if airtel telephones are in ur locality (PCOs prefer airtel to bsnl)... than u would know if indeed it is available in ur area!

Thanx for the quick reply !!Nope, there are no airtel boxes nearby. Only boxes belonging to MTNL are present.My area is such that it doesn't have any PCO's. But they are providing connections at buildings which are situated 600-800 metres from my place....wonder long will it take for them to cover this distance....all the more reason why i wanna contact somebody senior i.e. to get to know abt their expansion plans.

well visit one of their offices in ur town. most senior people won't even know about the local areas of a particular region. the point about expanding in airtel's case is that they do completely underground wiring. expanding in a area where their are few potential clients is not very beneficials. sify on the other hand need a lan wire and few switches hanging on the poles and trees to expand. 😉 that makes the difference in quality.

Originally posted by Sushubh@Jul 3 2005, 03:11 PM

also... take the USB modem if u want to run a webserver or ftp server. LAN Modem if you want the convinience of always on internet.
[snapback]14587[/snapback]
[/quote]

You mean I have to purchase LAN Modem or USB Modem?

How much do they cost?

just tell the guy what u prefer. the rental is same i think for both the devices.

In my area Airtel is providing Broadband with zero installation charges

Originally posted by boygr8@Jul 3 2005, 06:35 PM
In my area Airtel is providing Broadband with zero installation charges
[snapback]14606[/snapback]
[/quote]

can u provide me their contact no. ?

I jsut called them re this in BLR and was told- would have to pay Rs.333 upfront for installation- after 1 month Rs.999 or less depending on number fo days- after 2 month Rs.999 + 333 (registration)- after 3 months Rs.999 + 333 (registration)- after 4 months Rs.999This is what it costs under their promo plan.That is for the 128K Unlimited plan.