New affordable tariffs for 3G customers

• Thread starter Thread starter amar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 69
  • Views Views 16,178
alright, i didn't know about the same as im not an airtel user, just went through their website and noticed this..

right. i do not think they had free roaming ever on 3G. one reason why i am still sticking with edge!

I have gone on 3G roaming and I was not charged extra. I also have an email from 121 stating you won't be charged extra if you are on 3G roaming.

----------

Yesterday i activated 10rs - 30 minutes unlimited internet, it showed in dedicated account 12 ( *123*12)
but they have deducted my main balance for usage(around 5rs)...... why are they deducting my main balance when i have 30 minutes usage left DA 12 ? did anyone face this problem ?
I e-mailed airtel about this issue...waiting for their reply.

How to activate the 10rs plan, is there an USSD code I have to sms

----------

the 10 rs plan is quite good. Presuming one gets around 2-3 mbps, one can download around 500-600 mb in just 30 min

@ pomanup

Yes, Send 3G to 121 , in reply you will get one sms which contains 1) Data plans 2) Activate/Deactivate 3G...reply with 1 for Data plans & activate required pack.

got reply from airtel

Dear Customer,
Ref: Email dated 17/05/2012, expressing concern regarding the deduction of balance towards 3G service usage and requested for the credit of deducted amount for your airtel mobile number 897XXXXXXX.
We thank you for writing to airtel and the opportunity to assist you.
We completely understand your concern and sincerely apologize for any difficulty caused in this regard.
We would like to inform you that we have verified our records and found that there is a charge of Rs.10/- towards 30 minutes 3G data pack on 17/05/2012.
We would like to inform you that, as per our records, an amount of Rs. 5/- is debited towards your account for 3G service usage on 17/05/2012.
As a onetime service gesture we have credited an amount of Rs. 15/- (Rs.10/- towards 30 minutes 3G data pack and Rs.5/- towards 3G service usage) and the same will be credited to your account within 24 hours.
We request you to dial *121*2# (Toll free) from your airtel mobile to check the balance and validity.
We request you to check the available 3G data minutes before the browsing.
In order to avoid the depletion of balance in the future, we request you to delete the Mobile Office settings from your handset.
For further online assistance related to Data Services, you may contact our 24x7 helpline at 12134 (Chargeable at 50 paisa per three minutes) from any alternate airtel number. After dialing 12134, select VAS option # 2 at IVR and then select option # 2 for technical assistance. In case alternate number is unavailable, please dial from the same number only.
We hope that we have been able to address your concern suitably.
Please do write in for any further assistance.
Yours Sincerely,
Customer Care
Bharti Airtel Limited

they have refunded 15rs back.... tried 10rs pack again but they are still deducting my main balance, airtel su**s....

I just checkecd the 10rs. 30min...Funny thing..i don't know if anyone had got this kinda things from Airtel...!!I was getting a 1-1.2Mbps of DOWNLOAD SPEED..i'm stressing on download speed because...it's not the bandwidth speed i'm mentioning right here...!!I transferred 820MB in 30 Min...with some downloading and browsing...And oh yes!! By the way i was on roaming...i dunno why i didn't get the airtel 3G signal..weird..I was on Idea 3G network i guess..

I used to get 3G speeds in 2G most of the times.Now recharged with 250 rupees 1GB for 3G. Suddenly "E" has replaced "H" and am getting slow speeds.Is this some kind of revenge 🙁

I used to get 3G speeds in 2G most of the times.

Now recharged with 250 rupees 1GB for 3G. Suddenly "E" has replaced "H" and am getting slow speeds.

Is this some kind of revenge 🙁
Did you do a GPRS recharge and experienced 3G Speeds??
And when was what?? Because i might give it a try too..!!

airtel did that for a while. i guess it was a network configuration bug. it still works sometimes. but randomly. most times, you would be able to connect to 3G networks but speeds would be worse than edge so basically you end up consuming your battery faster gaining little or nothing.

I guess you are supposed to use a specific APN if you are using 3G otherwise money will get deducted. It's perhaps airtelgprs.comCheck with the CC to confirm.It's a bug that you get 3G speeds on Edge tariffs.

I guess you are supposed to use a specific APN if you are using 3G otherwise money will get deducted.

It's perhaps airtelgprs.com
Check with the CC to confirm.

It's a bug that you get 3G speeds on Edge tariffs.

APN for GPRS and 3G are pretty much the same....i'm just wondering..how in the heavens name i'm getting 1000-1200Kbps download speeds..
For 10rs.(30min) I'm getting to download 820MB..

I just checkecd the 10rs. 30min...
Funny thing..i don't know if anyone had got this kinda things from Airtel...!!
I was getting a 1-1.2Mbps of DOWNLOAD SPEED..i'm stressing on download speed because...it's not the bandwidth speed i'm mentioning right here...!!
I transferred 820MB in 30 Min...with some downloading and browsing...
And oh yes!! By the way i was on roaming...i dunno why i didn't get the airtel 3G signal..weird..
I was on Idea 3G network i guess..
I think you got more than 1-1.2 mbps, otherwise you would have downloaded only around 400MB. My friend here gets around 2-3 mbps...

Lol Aircel totally pawns Airtel, Aircel offers 7.2mbps 10GB FUP with 128kbps after-FUP for a month at only 999... Airtel is way costlier than Aircel even with the price-cut. AIRTEL SUCKS!!!