New ACT Broadband Connection

jagannathans

ISP
Tata Docomo
Hi, I need new ACT Broad Band connection . I called customer care and informed. They told that my area don't have the Network coverage. I am staying near to Cunningham Road. I feel that ACT person can visit to my place and check the coverage availability. Because my house is 200 meter from Cunningham Road. Kindly Give right direction to go further. Thanks

Same problem here 🙁 I'm in a private lane parallel to Brunton Road and not even that far away!! ACTian said that they can provide in my area but when I inquired, the ACT Team told me they can't provide a connection......

Atleast you guys got a reply. I didn't even get a reply from ACTian for the post I had made. Reposting the same content here, hoping it comes to his attention here.I am also planning to switch from airtel. I have a Wi-Fi connection of Airtel. Hence the Wi-Fi Router provided by them. Will that be compatible with ACT? Also is ACT available in areas near Jeevan Bhima Nagar and Murugeshpalya (near Kempfort Shiv Mandir) Old Airport road?

Hi This Is Francis Xavier.S and has u have asked weather the router Supplied by Air-tel Will be Supported By ACT Broadband or not. To be honest the router which u are using i believe would be Binnatone if this is the same this router is Not Compatible as the Router's or Modems Whatever is Provided By Air-tel, Bsnl, etc., Has RJ11 Dsl Port with 2pin Dsl Cable However Act BB Dsl cable comes with Rj45 4pin Dsl Cable which cannot be connected to ur router if ur router has Rj11 Dsl port and also their are no Dsl Converters Available to Convert Rj45 to Rj11..... and it will never work even though if u use any kind of Converters u'll get an on screen Error saying Check ur ADSL status.. Because even i was using Air-tel BB with which i was really happy with the Connectivity and the Speed unfortunately in my New Property their is no Air-tel Connectivity as it is a developing Area. So i Opted for ACT BB Connection and Spent a Lot for Splitters, Converters, etc., all in Vain.. however im Happy with the Act Bb Speed And the Connectivity as well but Not happy when it comes to Router as they dont support any Router except their own Linksys wrt120n..

Hi This Is Francis Xavier.S and has u have asked weather the router Supplied by Air-tel Will be Supported By ACT Broadband or not. To be honest the router which u are using i believe would be Binnatone if this is the same this router is Not Compatible as the Router's or Modems Whatever is Provided By Air-tel, Bsnl, etc., Has RJ11 Dsl Port with 2pin Dsl Cable However Act BB Dsl cable comes with Rj45 4pin Dsl Cable which cannot be connected to ur router if ur router has Rj11 Dsl port and also their are no Dsl Converters Available to Convert Rj45 to Rj11..... and it will never work even though if u use any kind of Converters u'll get an on screen Error saying Check ur ADSL status.. Because even i was using Air-tel BB with which i was really happy with the Connectivity and the Speed unfortunately in my New Property their is no Air-tel Connectivity as it is a developing Area. So i Opted for ACT BB Connection and Spent a Lot for Splitters, Converters, etc., all in Vain.. however im Happy with the Act Bb Speed And the Connectivity as well but Not happy when it comes to Router as they dont support any Router except their own Linksys wrt120n..
So basically any router with a rj45 (ethernet) input for the internet will work? The 120n is a really basic model......

Hi,
I need new ACT Broad Band connection . I called customer care and informed. They told that my area don't have the Network coverage.
I am staying near to Cunningham Road. I feel that ACT person can visit to my place and check the coverage availability. Because my house is 200 meter from Cunningham Road.

Kindly Give right direction to go further.

Thanks

Hi, can you send email to helpdesk@acttv.in addressing to ACTian. I will ask our field team to get in touch with you.

rgds

----------

Same problem here 🙁 I'm in a private lane parallel to Brunton Road and not even that far away!! ACTian said that they can provide in my area but when I inquired, the ACT Team told me they can't provide a connection......

sorry for the delay, pl send an email to helpdesk@acttv.in (addressing ACTian)with your complete postal address.
we shall revert on the feasibility.

rgds

The Router Should have Rj45 Dsl Port For Act BB Not Rj45 ethernet port (Output not Input).. Because All the Routers normally has Atlest 2 or 4 Ethernet Outputs.. However Linksys Routers are the Best Routers As it is been Manufactured By Cisco... If u r Willing to Go for it U Can purchase the Router For a Shop and Configure by urself..
loggin to the Below mentioned link ul get the Image of the Router..
linksys wrt120n - Google Search

To every one S that's Correct Rj45 is Not DSL Cable Its Ethernet Cable However if u want to Use ACT BB u should have RJ45 dsl Port.. Normally all the Routers Which most of us Use Would Have 4 or 2 Ethernet Ports (RJ45) and 1 Dsl port (Rj11) unfortunately ACT BB dosent work the Same Way as other Providers Do.. So no other options.. i've also Tried Crimping RJ11 pin to the DSL cable And Tried Connecting that to my Router It Dosent Work....