• Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 3,741
Status
Not open for further replies.

techtata

Regular
ISP
Tata Indicom
Hi,I have been using TATA Plug 2 Surf Whiz USB modem (CDMA 1x) for the last year or so on my Fedora Linux pc and I am happy with it despite the fact that the speed is very slow, but the best download speed I get is between 15-17 kbps during the day and around 25 kbps at night. A few of my friends complained about the excessive billing so I went for a pre-paid connection rather than a post-paid one.I generally recharge for Rs. 801 for 30 days, day and night unlimited package. I have been told by the local TATA agent that with this package one can download unlimited stuff and completely ignore the fair usage policy which caps the download at some standard GB limit such as 45 GB per month or so. I keep downloading a lot of free and open source software all day long and so far I have not been penalised or anything. I must clear that the open and free software that I download are basically for Linux OS and not Windows.I request all of you to go for only pre-paid connections when going to your local TATA agent. Please remember the date of activation and not it down on a piece of paper and keep it safe. Please remember to ask for a 9 digit transaction ID whenever you recharge your connection, this will help your case if something goes wrong, which often does. ThanksJames

Status
Not open for further replies.