Networking Savvy Folks: Need a decent Patch Panel + CAT6 Keystones Jacks? Options/ Pricing/ Sources?

crashnburn_in

Regular
ISP
7 Star Fiber | Ex MTNL DSL / 7 Start Cable / VSNL Dial up | US ISPs
Networking Savvy Folks: Need a decent Patch Panel + CAT6 Keystones Jacks? Options/ Pricing/ Sources?

Is there a better place on these forums or other forums/ reddit etc to ask this for India?

PS: I use a Mikrotik Router to handle the home network & have an HP Pro Curve 24 port Gig E Switch

@JB701 | @royalroy | @devangpatel | @Rehan Kumar |

You folks seem to be the ones to ask.

Upvote 0
I brought my patch panel and keystone jacks from OxFord Infotech. They are Bangalore based but they'll ship anywhere in India. You maybe able to find local dealers though.

24 port patch panel cost me ~2000

The surface mount box + keystone jacks cost me 200 each

Upvote 0
@crashnburn_in I haven't personally used patch panel, but I have seen many of my Friends using Trendnet and D-Link. Trendnet is bit on expensive side and very less sellers have in stock, So I think D-link will be value for money option for you. (D-Link will cost you less then ₹ 2500)

Else as @JB701 suggested from his experience you may opt for OxFord Infotech.
Btw, How is the panel Quality from OxFord Infotech?

Upvote 0
Thanks for those insights. Let me see what I can find out and share back.

Upvote 0
Would one of these Dealers/ MSPs be willing to include club in "basic service"
i.e. Set up the Panel & its keystone jacks with the existing "CAT 6" cabling (thats been terminated with RJ 45 crimped plugs).

I have a crimper and 8 pair tester that I've used as well, and obviously not buying a Fluke tester, but I was hoping to get a better job done.

I understand its just a wiring job/ press to pierce & check. And I am thinking of getting it done at home & fam biz as well (yeah! the Electricians & IT shop they hired have never suggested Patch Panels - Just Rj 45 plugs).

Hoping to clear/ clean up some of the mess with the existing UTP cables & use better/ colored/ coded/ "softer patch cords" instead.

Upvote 0
@Sushubh - Need to share some personal/ private details and security information with regards to setting up Mikrotik devices and managed network. Can you please enable DMs for us?

@JB701 - Can you initiate DMs?

Upvote 0