Network Connections

I'm using the 256k unlimited plan(HOME 999)...there is somethin wierd with the network connections...apart from the Local area network in the network connections..there is one more connection called 'Internet Connection'.When clicked for description it gives 'This connection allows you to connect to the internet through a shared connection on another computer'I only have one comp at home....I didnt have this when i was using BSNL.....is this normal?If not,what do i need to do to rectify this?Thanks in advance

thats perfectly normal, one is the LAN connection - between the pc and your adsl modem, the other is the WAN connection - between the modem and the airtel server, both these connections are needed..there is nothing to rectify.

QUOTE(dips0502 @ Jun 26 2006, 11:14 PM) [snapback]54603[/snapback]
thats perfectly normal, one is the LAN connection - between the pc and your adsl modem, the other is the WAN connection - between the modem and the airtel server, both these connections are needed..there is nothing to rectify.
[/b]

ok...thanks man...the prob is that is causin xfire to become slow and the pings are alarming!close to 300 at times....and when i goto services in the Internet Connections' only xfire is specified as a service and a specific port is open ONLY for that...This is obviously slowing it down.....If i check the speed of the conn, it is normal(240-145kbps)
Can u please help me out with this?

Thanks again